IGNORED

Sonore ultraDigital v2.0

6 hours ago, George Hincapie said:

They should make a network renderer with SPDIF. Perfect.

The original Sonore Signature Series Rendu (SSR) does what you want, doesn't it?  It's discontinued, but Jesus can probably source a used one for you.  It apparently has an excellent SPDIF implementation designed by John Swenson.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

@vortecjr did John Swenson do the hardware engineering for this product?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/24/2017 at 7:23 AM, vortecjr said:

The ultraDigital is a condensed version of the Singxer SU-1 main board with some minor tweaks. In this case the USB bus powers the XMOS side (dirty side) and external power is used for the digital output side (clean side).

Does this mean the ultraDigital is a modded SU-1 made by Singxer for Sonore?  What other tweaks have been implemented?

1 hour ago, R1200CL said:

You have to work (listen) hard to hear a difference between a ultradigital with a MicroRendo1.3 vs a modified SU-1 and a UltraRendu !

So is your conclusion that if you use an ultraDigital there is little difference between a microRendu 1.3 and an ultraRendu?

This may make sense because the ultraDigital is converting USB to SPDIF, so the clock in the ultraDigital (and the power supply used with it) becomes the primary factor in the chain influencing sound quality.

We still don't really understand how chaining clocks with different phase noise interact to influence the SQ end result.

On 12/26/2017 at 5:25 PM, rickca said:

Does this mean the ultraDigital is a modded SU-1 made by Singxer for Sonore?  What other tweaks have been implemented?

@vortecjr could you please answer my question?

4 hours ago, Albrecht said:

I thought that the ultraDigital was based on the F-1, - not the SU-1. If the SU-1, - then that is a big step down than the much better F-1.

This post from Jesus will help you.

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/37438-sonore-ultradigtial/?do=findComment&comment=746581