IGNORED

Sonic Transporter with Audirvana

Can someone clarify a simple question for me?  I'm currently contemplating buying a Sonic Transporter to replace my MacBook Pro as the server for my mR.  The objective / expectation would be a significant improvement in SQ.  Can anyone who's made this transition vouch for that?  I've been very pleased with the way my MBP accomplishes this function so I'm somewhat skeptical about the value of dropping $1000 on the addition of this dedicated server.  But I'm curious.

Secondly, would the addition of the ST mean I couldn't use A+ as my player?  I'm currently vacillating between Roon and A+, taking my time to determine which I prefer.  The jury's still out on that.  But it could be an important deal-breaker if ST won't work with A+.

Thanks.

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

1 hour ago, OldBigEars said:

Secondly, would the addition of the ST mean I couldn't use A+ as my player?

Currently, A+ runs only on Mac.  Damien has said he is working on a Windows version.  A+ won't run on SonicOrbiter (Linux).  There is a SONICTRANSPORTER FOR HQPLAYER + ROON SERVER which runs Windows 10 rather than SonicOrbiter.  I assume you can install other programs on the Windows SonicTransporters, but I would double check with Small Green Computer.

I'll leave the sound quality question to others.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

• 7 months later...

I'm a newbie here , but Ive been doing a lot of research on the ST, because I'm interested as well, I cuurently do not have any

system set up , but would love to .

The Roon Server is built into the ST , meaning , it comes with a 60 day free trial , it works well on macs as well ..it will run with

the micro rendu..the MR is pre-installed with a roon ready player , and then download the roon remote off of IOS , players and controllers

are free, you just need a liscense for the roon server .you don't need a MBP to run roon server , just hook connect it to the mr and a good DAC..also you will need good linear power supply..cheers..