IGNORED

The Paul Hynes SR7

I know the man is legendary but really wait many months or years and his prices are outrageous at this point.  

Hd plex is very good and there are others too. 

It comes down to ripple and stability 

for the $ hd plex is best as I know the guy but huang stuff is made not by him and doing a search yields many models that look like his 

I plan to buy a 200 and use a scope and test it. 

Pauls pricing is nuts.  A simple hdplex at 400 plus shipping gives you 4 outputs each completly isolated and one is variable. 

It even comes with many cables.   

Its why I feel it’s nuts ? 

9 hours ago, jean-michel6 said:

@kopelli @beautiful music

I am in the same situation as you and I start to be quite uncomfortable with this situation. 

To pay upfront such a lot of money for a PS and not a mail to inform you on possible delivery.... 

First time in my life I have such an uncomfortable buying experience and I question myself about the wisdom of my choice. 

I know Paul is very very busy and sometimes he had unprobably circumstances but like this situation, in the business, he can bring a moderator for some tasks to cooperate and to push the business to a better way.

32 minutes ago, ALRAINBOW said:

A simple hdplex at 400 plus shipping gives you 4 outputs each completly isolated and one is variable. 

The 19vdc and the variable 19.5-5vdc share the same winding and rectifier in the HD Plex 200W so all 4 outputs are not seperated. I have one and Larry also confirmed this.

Main system
TAD D1000mk2, TAD M2500mk2, TAD CE-1, Ansuz Mainz 8 C2, Ansuz Darkz D-TC, 
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC
HD Plex 200W PSU (4 rail for ISP fiber, router, etherREGEN and NUC)

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree
4 hours ago, beautiful music said:

I know Paul is very very busy and sometimes he had unprobably circumstances but like this situation, in the business, he can bring a moderator for some tasks to cooperate and to push the business to a better way.

Good news ! , I just received today some news from Paul , he should update the schedule for his customers very soon .

Keep finger crossed

PCserver Supermicro X11SAA under Daphile  ,Jcat pcie net card ,Etherregen,e-red dock endpoint,powered by LPS 1.2 , SPS 500 , Sean Jacobs level 3 psu,  DAC Audiomat Maestro 3, Nagra Classic Amp , Hattor passive preamplifier , Martin Logan montis

On 2018-01-05 at 4:36 PM, ALRAINBOW said:

I know the man is legendary but really wait many months or years and his prices are outrageous at this point.  

Hd plex is very good and there are others too. 

It comes down to ripple and stability 

for the $ hd plex is best as I know the guy but huang stuff is made not by him and doing a search yields many models that look like his 

I plan to buy a 200 and use a scope and test it. 

Pauls pricing is nuts.  A simple hdplex at 400 plus shipping gives you 4 outputs each completly isolated and one is variable. 

It even comes with many cables.   

Its why I feel it’s nuts ? 

Outrageous and nuts are big words. How much do you think the PSU in your GG and MSB would cost if they there sold separately and how long time did it take for Lukasz Fikus to make you a LampizatOr GG?

It’s not a comparison it’s a simple box ? 

not ten or twelve buss rails. 

And it’s not built for purpose either. 

Dont get me wrong and I don’t sell products 

but is there not some real merit to my view 

and perhaps nuts is not a good word 

how about very over priced 

On 1/5/2018 at 10:43 AM, beautiful music said:

Bytheway i'm trying to contact Paul from November but yet I didn't got a single reply.

Hopefully, he is ok because AFAIK his country has a snow these days.

* Also I asked him to buy SR4 but I didn't got an answer from him yet.

Maybe your emails are ending up in a spam folder. I sent Paul a few emails and always got replies with detailed explanations about various options. Based on this positive experience I ended up ordering a customized SR4 last week. Paul told me it was scheduled for January production. If he had told me I might have to wait several months(years) I would have cancelled my order. Patience isn't one of my virtues. For me even one or two months seem like an eternity.

I almost pulled the trigger on an sPS-500 but lost interest at the last minute when I found out it's based on a SMPS.

On 2018-01-06 at 7:23 PM, ALRAINBOW said:

It’s not a comparison it’s a simple box ? 

not ten or twelve buss rails. 

And it’s not built for purpose either. 

Dont get me wrong and I don’t sell products 

but is there not some real merit to my view 

and perhaps nuts is not a good word 

how about very over priced 

Both are expansive and well regarded PSUs. The Paul Hynes SR7 is made on order only and you can get 4 rails from one box. If you need more rails you can order 2 boxes. Paul’s voltage regulators are legendary.  

Many things can be said to be very overpriced, but with handmade exclusive gear you often have to pay a premium price for a small improvements. HDplex make good value PSUs, I have one myself.

On 06/01/2018 at 10:26 PM, Emcee said:

Maybe your emails are ending up in a spam folder. I sent Paul a few emails and always got replies with detailed explanations about various options. Based on this positive experience I ended up ordering a customized SR4 last week. Paul told me it was scheduled for January production. If he had told me I might have to wait several months(years) I would have cancelled my order.

I would not be so optimistic regarding delivery times...I am awaiting an SR7 supposed to be delivered end of January and I was getting very quick replies to my emails, very often the same day, before placing the order....I followed-up on my order twice over the last week and still have not heard anything :( I never expected to receive my SR7 on time but it'd be nice to receive a reply and get more visibility :$

TANNOY Definition DC8T / STELLO Ai700 / AYRE QB-9 DSD / SOtM sMS-200 Ultra / QNAP HS-251+ / Triode Wire Labs

2 hours ago, guillaume31 said:

I would not be so optimistic regarding delivery times...I am awaiting an SR7 supposed to be delivered end of January and I was getting very quick replies to my emails, very often the same day, before placing the order....I followed-up on my order twice over the last week and still have not heard anything :( I never expected to receive my SR7 on time but it'd be nice to receive a reply and get more visibility :$

That’s similar to my experience thus far - while discussing options for my order Paul was very responsive, replying within a few hours. My ETA was late October, the SR7 has not yet arrived, and I have not been able to get an update from Paul. I will email him again this week.

Zenith SE > USPCB (5v off) > tX-USBultra 9V (SR4) > Sablon Reserva Elite USB > M Scaler > WAVE Stream bnc > DAVE > Prion4/Lazuli Reference > Utopia/LCD-4/HE1000se

2 hours ago, kopelli said:

That’s similar to my experience thus far - while discussing options for my order Paul was very responsive, replying within a few hours. My ETA was late October, the SR7 has not yet arrived, and I have not been able to get an update from Paul. I will email him again this week.

Same to you.

6 hours ago, guillaume31 said:

I'm getting a sinking feeling but will try to remain optimistic.:S

Actually, I received a reply today where Paul explains the reasons behind the delays, his explanation is quite detailed and I feel for him....not sure how long the delays will be for the SR7 but for the SR4 he has a mitigation in place and it seems he is able to minimize the delays there (too bad for me, I changed my mind from originally an SR4 order to go for the SR7)

I was getting worried about the overall radio silence and I'll be fine with a delay as long as I know I'll receive the SR7 at some point 9_9 I feel relieved now :)

TANNOY Definition DC8T / STELLO Ai700 / AYRE QB-9 DSD / SOtM sMS-200 Ultra / QNAP HS-251+ / Triode Wire Labs

5 minutes ago, guillaume31 said:

Actually, I received a reply today where Paul explains the reasons behind the delays, his explanation is quite detailed and I feel for him....not sure how long the delays will be for the SR7 but for the SR4 he has a mitigation in place and it seems he is able to minimize the delays there (too bad for me, I changed my mind from originally an SR4 order to go for the SR7)

I was getting worried about the overall radio silence and I'll be fine with a delay as long as I know I'll receive the SR7 at some point 9_9 I feel relieved now :)

Would you be kind enough to post the explanation?

There are a lot of details which I do not feel appropriate for sharing with a large community and with an open access but in essence, it has to do with the path he has followed to set-up the new business and some health issues (which most people have heard about).

If you PM me your email, I'll send you the document that I believe he's sending to his customers enquiring about order status

8 hours ago, hurka said:

Fast created one rail:

200 w toroidal,rectifier,lt 1084 board,lt1963 board,lt3045 board feed tx usb ultra

sound: so airy,transparent analogy sound

can beat sps500 i think!!!

Great stuff hurka! This is pretty close to what I have been wanting do do for a while. Still researching myself, so your post helps a lot! ?

I have been interested to let someone build a all-in-one-box with a 500VA balanced & floating IT with 6 DC outlets with LT3045s. I was thinking to use a LM317 adjustable voltage regulator modules pre the LT3045s, but are still trying to figure out the best way to step-down ac from 230v to 20v. Step-down transformers comes to mind, but I am not sure if that's optimal? 

Anyway, your post gave me other ideas! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

3 hours ago, Cornan said:

Great stuff hurka! This is pretty close to what I have been wanting do do for a while. Still researching myself, so your post helps a lot! ?

I have been interested to let someone build a all-in-one-box with a 500VA balanced & floating IT with 6 DC outlets with LT3045s. I was thinking to use a LM317 adjustable voltage regulator modules pre the LT3045s, but are still trying to figure out the best way to step-down ac from 230v to 20v. Step-down transformers comes to mind, but I am not sure if that's optimal? 

Anyway, your post gave me other ideas! ?

Don't know how do you think this step down volt, but I connected this LT chain to 500w isolation transformers,and just lose some air,not so good.So I don't use this way.

I need check this 1084 spec,maybe the max output 12volt?Then I need change to lm317 ? or no need? This is the further question.