IGNORED

The Paul Hynes SR7

5 hours ago, tapatrick said:

My SR4 arrived, shipped yesterday... 1 day to deliver to London :). Thanks Paul!

I will try it out over Xmas

IMG_4013.thumb.JPG.71ba8fb30887cf3a37190a7b957310c4.JPGIMG_4014.thumb.JPG.1563e19005a2296e233b95b969714a77.JPG

Is the DC cable included in the price?  

NUC 7i3 (ROCK) > Ghent Audio Lan cable > SOtM sMS-200 (+Uptone LPS-1) >  0.2m Curious USB cable > Singxer F1 (usb to spdif) > 0.5m XLO digital cable > Audiolab 8000 Dac (25 years old) > Trends Audio 10.1 Integrated Amp > Kef 103/4 speakers

4 hours ago, str-1 said:

One day delivery!!!  Given the normal route Paul’s packages take, as described by austinpop earlier, I’d love to know how this one got through so quickly.  Are we talking specially chartered helicopters/planes etc?

Anyway, great news for you.  Did you go for the silver dc lead?  

We’re all looking forward to your first report, but will fully understand if you choose not to give testing the SR4 top priority over xmas?

Thanks!..  Paul must have used this high speed delivery service..

http://media.riffsy.com/images/b9eb059b80f7fdc653f445028780aac6/tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Yes ordered the silver version of DC cable.. and will to try it out in different configurations. More soon

Merry Christmas!

Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > EtherRegen switch powered by Paul Hynes SR4 LPS >MacBook Pro 2013 > EC Designs PowerDac SX > TNT UBYTE-2 Speaker cables > Omega Super Alnico Monitors > 2x Rel T Zero Subwoofers. 

1 minute ago, limniscate said:

I think the actual wait time is usually 8+ months.

Surely a depressing in a way, but surely worth while if it live up to all of your expectations. I have been waiting for a couple of shunt regulators with starquad Kelvin cables and plugs for roughly 3 months now...and not expecting a delivery until April. Once in a while this hobby needs patience! ?

1 minute ago, tapatrick said:

Thanks!..  Paul must have used these high speed delivery fish..

tenor.gif

Yes ordered the silver version of DC cable.. and will to try it out in different configurations. More soon

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas Patrick...and all the others on this thread! ?

10 minutes ago, jaspal kallar said:

Is the DC cable included in the price?  

No cables are ordered at differing price levels

I got the DC3SXLR silver, I usually make my own but after materials and time didn't seem worth it..

Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > EtherRegen switch powered by Paul Hynes SR4 LPS >MacBook Pro 2013 > EC Designs PowerDac SX > TNT UBYTE-2 Speaker cables > Omega Super Alnico Monitors > 2x Rel T Zero Subwoofers. 

29 minutes ago, kopelli said:

I ordered mine about 5 months ago, i did write to Paul a couple of times the last 3-4 weeks but had no response. So I am being patient.

Just in case make sure to use this email address: 

[email protected]

Paul has always replied to my questions etc within a few hours

I would love to have a SR7 but the wait is too long, so when the SR4 came along I couldn't resist as I've always wanted a PHynes (even though I don't really need one)

1 hour ago, Cornan said:

I am looking forward to your impressions @tapatrick and @limniscate. My Brooklyn DAC is counting on you. No pressure! ?

:) coming soon, like Christmas...

BTW @tapatrick Could you try the LT3045s in series after the Paul Hynes SR4. I am quite curious how that turns out? ?

With that said if there was any setup I would want to copy-cat on CA it would be yours! Thanks for all the awesome tips! ?

You're one of the hidden treasures here on CA. I would urge people to listen to your advices.

25 minutes ago, Cornan said:

BTW @tapatrick Could you try the LT3045s in series after the Paul Hynes SR4. I am quite curious how that turns out? ?

With that said if there was any setup I would want to copy-cat on CA it would be yours! Thanks for all the awesome tips! ?

You're one of the hidden treasures here on CA. I would urge people to listen to your advices.

You are too kind Micael.

Yes I'm planning to test the SR4 against my modded Teradak and LT3045 chains, with and without the LT's, not sure I want to know the answer! but you have to try. Either way something will have to give way. I am running the SR4 in for a few days..

12 minutes ago, tapatrick said:

You are too kind Micael.

Yes I'm planning to test the SR4 against my modded Teradak and LT3045 chains, with and without the LT's, not sure I want to know the answer! but you have to try. Either way something will have to give way. I am running the SR4 in for a few days..

I am not only being kind. I am being honest. You're worth all the applause for sharing your journey without being selfish about it. More of you would mean more creadabillity to CA. ?

10 minutes ago, Cornan said:

I am not only being kind. I am being honest. You're worth all the applause for sharing your journey without being selfish about it. More of you would mean more creadabillity to CA. ?

Well honestly I have learnt a lot from from you also. You are one of the most generous posters I've come across online. I've also learnt from everyone on CA around the world who freely shares their trials and discoveries and its what makes this pursuit so worthwhile and interesting. Special thanks to Tubelover2 on other forums who sadly has vanished after many years of sharing great discoveries.

Now what I really would like to do is compare my mad USB chain with someone who has a trifecta. Maybe in the new year on the Trifecta thread, after I get my new Decware amps, I will see if anyone in my part of the world has such a setup. If it is better than what I'm listening to, it must be really something worth investing in.

Happy 2018 to all!

A few questions plesee 

the main board can use 19 or 12 volts ?

it only needs this voltage input ? 

Then the Main bOard must have its own regulated psu output for 

chip set 

usb buss 

cpu voltage 

ram buss 

so how is this better than the same 19 volts into a hdplex 400 watt dc to atx onto mainboard through atx plug and cpu plug ? Confused ? 

4 hours ago, ALRAINBOW said:

A few questions plesee 

chip set 

usb buss 

cpu voltage 

ram buss 

so how is this better than the same 19 volts into a hdplex 400 watt dc to atx onto mainboard through atx plug and cpu plug ? Confused ? 

If you're asking about my mainboard, yes it can use 19v or 12v.  Either of those voltages input.  The board does regulate that power.  The difference is in the noise input from the source 19v/12v PSU.  

These 2 posts will help you understand.

11 hours ago, ALRAINBOW said:

A few questions plesee 

chip set 

usb buss 

cpu voltage 

ram buss 

Hi Al,

Good question. Something has to synthesise the multiple voltages required by the motherboard. With a single voltage DC input board that is likely to be done by cheap DC to DC circuits on the board itself, where the hdplex and other external solutions can be used to provide improved performance, at least in theory.

I don't know anyone that has measurements of onboard power characteristics of a single DC input board.

It is much easier to test the external solutions, so that has been done extensively.

So I would suggest you are not confused, and that we don't have enough information to know the best way forward.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

8 minutes ago, lmitche said:

Hi Al,

Good question. Something has to synthesise the multiple voltages required by the motherboard. With a single voltage DC input board that is likely to be done by cheap DC to DC circuits on the board itself, where the hdplex and other external solutions can be used to provide improved performance, at least in theory.

I don't know anyone that has measurements of the onboard power characteristics of a single DC input board, although I may have missed something.

It is much easier to test the external solutions, so that has been done extensively.

So I would suggest you are not confused, and that we don't have enough information to know the best way forward.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio