IGNORED

The Paul Hynes SR7

4 minutes ago, opus101 said:

What would help credibility for the specs would be disclosing how he tested the supply to arrive at those numbers.

Just send Paul a message here on CA and ask.

Main system
TAD D1000mk2, TAD M2500mk2, TAD CE-1, Ansuz Mainz 8 C2, Ansuz Darkz D-TC, 
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC
HD Plex 200W PSU (4 rail for ISP fiber, router, etherREGEN and NUC)

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Has anyone who received tracking info for their SR4 last week received their unit yet?

Zenith SE > USPCB (5v off) > tX-USBultra 9V (SR4) > Sablon Reserva Elite USB > M Scaler > WAVE Stream bnc > DAVE > Prion4/Lazuli Reference > Utopia/LCD-4/HE1000se

2 minutes ago, str-1 said:

Has anyone who received tracking info for their SR4 last week received their unit yet?

No not heard anything about my SR4 for the December shipping... I'm in the UK

Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > EtherRegen switch powered by Paul Hynes SR4 LPS >MacBook Pro 2013 > EC Designs PowerDac SX > TNT UBYTE-2 Speaker cables > Omega Super Alnico Monitors > 2x Rel T Zero Subwoofers. 

11 minutes ago, str-1 said:

UPS has lost my SR4. Was supposed to be delivered on Monday but last nown tracking was in Glasgow last Friday. 

Main system
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC

Second system
2 hours ago, octaviars said:

UPS has lost my SR4. Was supposed to be delivered on Monday but last nown tracking was in Glasgow last Friday. 

I’m sorry to hear that.  On the bright side, most often in these cases the package only gets stuck in limbo for 2-3 days before things get going again.  Hopefully, you’ll have it by the end of the week.

Zenith SE > USPCB (5v off) > tX-USBultra 9V (SR4) > Sablon Reserva Elite USB > M Scaler > WAVE Stream bnc > DAVE > Prion4/Lazuli Reference > Utopia/LCD-4/HE1000se

5 hours ago, str-1 said:

Mine is supposed to be delivered tomorrow.  It managed to get to Philadelphia so far.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

5 hours ago, str-1 said:

Paul shared a fascinating glimpse of how remote his home and workplace (the Isle of South Uist in the Outer Hebrides) are with me - and to others who asked too, I'm sure. The shipping path is tortuous, even in this modern day!

I had intended to use the Royal Mail International tracked and signed service for the SR4 as it is relatively low cost and it is the only service from the island that goes to the mainland via a mail plane daily (barring sea fog of hurricane conditions). Transit is usually 3 to 6 working days to most destinations. Unfortunately the packed weight of the SR4 parcel turned out to be over 2Kg limit so this service cannot be used for the SR4.

Instead all SR4 power supplies from November production have been shipped out via the UPS express service.

Service wise we are located on the outer rim of the universe here and all the carriers who service the Western Isles designate the area as a sparsely populated remote location and they do not have offices on the islands. Instead they use local forwarding agents who traverse the island several times a week. The collections then go to North Uist  (three islands away) for ferry transit to the Isle of Skye. They then proceed via road to Inverness where they are then sent to an International Hub, where the carriers are located. This is where tracking starts, once UPS have the parcel from their forwarding agent. Transit from here to a Hub can take between 3 to 6 working days depending on weather conditions. Ferries can be cancelled in winter if the weather is bad, as they cannot birth during storm conditions.

Once tracking begins, transit should be speedy, as I use the express service to avoid additional delays once in the main system.

In my case, it took a whole week for the package to reach from his island to UPS in Inverness on Monday. It is now in Philadelphia (as per the UPS tracking), and scheduled for delivery (in TX) tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Paul shared a fascinating glimpse of how remote his home and workplace (the Isle of South Uist in the Outer Hebrides) are with me - and to others who asked too, I'm sure. The shipping path is tortuous, even in this modern day!

I had intended to use the Royal Mail International tracked and signed service for the SR4 as it is relatively low cost and it is the only service from the island that goes to the mainland via a mail plane daily (barring sea fog of hurricane conditions). Transit is usually 3 to 6 working days to most destinations. Unfortunately the packed weight of the SR4 parcel turned out to be over 2Kg limit so this service cannot be used for the SR4.

Instead all SR4 power supplies from November production have been shipped out via the UPS express service.

Service wise we are located on the outer rim of the universe here and all the carriers who service the Western Isles designate the area as a sparsely populated remote location and they do not have offices on the islands. Instead they use local forwarding agents who traverse the island several times a week. The collections then go to North Uist  (three islands away) for ferry transit to the Isle of Skye. They then proceed via road to Inverness where they are then sent to an International Hub, where the carriers are located. This is where tracking starts, once UPS have the parcel from their forwarding agent. Transit from here to a Hub can take between 3 to 6 working days depending on weather conditions. Ferries can be cancelled in winter if the weather is bad, as they cannot birth during storm conditions.

Once tracking begins, transit should be speedy, as I use the express service to avoid additional delays once in the main system.

In my case, it took a whole week for the package to reach from his island to UPS in Inverness on Monday. It is now in Philadelphia (as per the UPS tracking), and scheduled for delivery (in TX) tomorrow.

I think he left out the highland goat and waterway seal segments of the delivery journey.

Please let us know when it arrives and how it sounds compared to your other PSUs.

12 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Wow!  It says a lot for the quality of Paul Hynes power supplies that so many people are content to right off the almost mandatory delivery delays as a small price to pay to get their hands on one.

I’m looking forward to hearing initial impressions from early adopters and am particularly interested in views on how it compares to an LPS-1.

7 hours ago, str-1 said:

I’m sorry to hear that.  On the bright side, most often in these cases the package only gets stuck in limbo for 2-3 days before things get going again.  Hopefully, you’ll have it by the end of the week.

My package have been in Glasgow longer time than it took for it to go from Paul to Glasgow so I am a bit sceptic to UPS right now as it have been in limbo for more than 5 days.

Main system

Second system
2 hours ago, auricgoldfinger said:

Have you spoken to someone at UPS about getting a trace put on the package to physically locate it?

Yes of course Paul have put a trace on it so I hope they find it. 

Main system

Second system
On 12/20/2017 at 11:06 AM, str-1 said:

Just heard from Paul that my SR4 has shipped with special delivery so it may arrive before Xmas - fingers crossed...

Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > EtherRegen switch powered by Paul Hynes SR4 LPS >MacBook Pro 2013 > EC Designs PowerDac SX > TNT UBYTE-2 Speaker cables > Omega Super Alnico Monitors > 2x Rel T Zero Subwoofers. 

22 minutes ago, tapatrick said:

shipped with special delivery

That was what mine also was shipped with and that has been missing for almost a week now >:(

Main system

Second system
12 minutes ago, octaviars said:

That was what mine also was shipped with and that has been missing for almost a week now >:(

ouch...

My SR4 arrived, shipped yesterday... 1 day to deliver to London :). Thanks Paul!

I will try it out over Xmas

IMG_4013.thumb.JPG.71ba8fb30887cf3a37190a7b957310c4.JPGIMG_4014.thumb.JPG.1563e19005a2296e233b95b969714a77.JPG

1 hour ago, tapatrick said:

My SR4 arrived, shipped yesterday... 1 day to deliver to London :). Thanks Paul!

I will try it out over Xmas

IMG_4013.thumb.JPG.71ba8fb30887cf3a37190a7b957310c4.JPGIMG_4014.thumb.JPG.1563e19005a2296e233b95b969714a77.JPG

One day delivery!!!  Given the normal route Paul’s packages take, as described by austinpop earlier, I’d love to know how this one got through so quickly.  Are we talking specially chartered helicopters/planes etc?

Anyway, great news for you.  Did you go for the silver dc lead?  

We’re all looking forward to your first report, but will fully understand if you choose not to give testing the SR4 top priority over xmas?