IGNORED

The Paul Hynes SR7

1 hour ago, octaviars said:

The first SR4 have been tested and are ready to ship in the begining of next week if the storm have passed the Isle were Paul lives.

So if we the first buyers are lucky it will arrive in the next week.

OK thanks I just sent Paul a note yesterday re SR4 status.  I have no idea whether my order is included in the first batch.  

51 minutes ago, limniscate said:

This is frustrating to see as someone who ordered a SR7 back at the end of May and still hasn't received it.

Paul told me his assistant builds the SR4 so other than supervision I don't think they took much of his time away from his custom builds.  Of course, I understand your frustration with waiting so long for your SR7.  Is Paul just backlogged, or is there something specific holding up your order?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

3 minutes ago, rickca said:

OK thanks I just sent Paul a note yesterday re SR4 status.  I have no idea whether my order is included in the first batch.  

Paul told me his assistant builds the SR4 so other than supervision I don't think they took much of his time away from his custom builds.  Of course, I understand your frustration with waiting so long for your SR7.  Is Paul just backlogged, or is there something specific holding up your order?

I think that's the norm.  I know someone who waited about 8 months for their first PSU.

8 minutes ago, rickca said:

That is my understanding too. So Eric - it's 2 different production streams, and the SR7 just takes more time.

59 minutes ago, limniscate said:

This is frustrating to see as someone who ordered a SR7 back at the end of May and still hasn't received it.

Hopefully you can achieve equanimity when your SR7 trounces my SR4 in a future head-to-head listen-off? :D

Just now, limniscate said:

I think that's the norm.  I know someone who waited about 8 months for their first PSU.

So Paul needs to update his document.  It says the build schedule lead time from order placement to shipping is currently estimated at approximately ... 50 to 60 working days for SR5 and SR7.    Of course, who knows when that statement was written.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

So with current status it should change to +240 days

DigitalDac: Chord DAVE, Amp: MC275 Mono, Preamp: FirstSound, Source: Esoteric K01X, Cable: TaraLab GME interconnect,
CASSOtM Trifecta Mod 75ohm MCI, TheLinearSolution TCXO Router

Analog: SME 20/2, SME V, Skala, Esoteric C03 Phono

7 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

maybe Brexit will crush their pound so much I can snap one up...

That boat has sailed. Any decline of the pound has happened already. 

The SR4 is comparable in price to the LPS-1. I'm looking forward to those comparisons. I also suspect we'll see an improved LPS-1 in the next month or two. 

3 hours ago, exdmd said:

There are other options now which ship quickly and also cost less like http://keces-audio-usa.com/products/P-8

And they dont supply any specs....

If you buy from Paul you get what you pay for.

"Noise voltage < 0.5 nanovolts root Hz

Operating Bandwidth > 300 Mhz

Supply line rejection > 80 dB DC to 100 KHz

Output impedance < 3 milliohms DC to 100 KHz

Transient response and settling time < 100 nanoseconds"

And Pauls new SR4 will not take to long to get perhaps a week or two. I recieved tracking number for my SR4 today :D

Main system
TAD D1000mk2, TAD M2500mk2, TAD CE-1, Ansuz Mainz 8 C2, Ansuz Darkz D-TC, 
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC
HD Plex 200W PSU (4 rail for ISP fiber, router, etherREGEN and NUC)

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Good to know people are getting tracking for the SR4 but i also feel bad those that are waiting for the SR7.

I just got my LPS-912 from thelinearsolution and i will try to compare it with the sotm-500

DigitalDac: Chord DAVE, Amp: MC275 Mono, Preamp: FirstSound, Source: Esoteric K01X, Cable: TaraLab GME interconnect,
CASSOtM Trifecta Mod 75ohm MCI, TheLinearSolution TCXO Router

Analog: SME 20/2, SME V, Skala, Esoteric C03 Phono

On 12/11/2017 at 12:57 PM, octaviars said:

And they dont supply any specs....

If you buy from Paul you get what you pay for.

"Noise voltage < 0.5 nanovolts root Hz

Operating Bandwidth > 300 Mhz

Supply line rejection > 80 dB DC to 100 KHz

Output impedance < 3 milliohms DC to 100 KHz

Transient response and settling time < 100 nanoseconds"

And Pauls new SR4 will not take to long to get perhaps a week or two. I recieved tracking number for my SR4 today :D

I asked Keces Audio (who makes the LPS-912) for the above specs, and this was their (non)response:

image.thumb.png.14f93354e77ce472b1615b96a79d0c5b.png

Keces Audio provided the specs of the LPS-912 in a follow up email.  Evidently, some of the information could be read from the oscilloscope screenshot.  They had assumed I was engineer since I was asking for such detailed information.  The noise voltage and output impedance seem to be significantly higher than the SR7.

Noise voltage:  1.6mV

Operating Bandwidth:  30MHZ

Supply line rejection:  86dB

Output impedance:  1.8ohm

Transient response and settling time:   20mV at 10ms

On 2017-12-14 at 1:21 PM, auricgoldfinger said:

The noise voltage and output impedance seem to be significantly higher than the SR7.

The specs on the Keces are not so good, output impedance as high as 1.8 ohm compared to Pauls SR models with 0,03 ohm is just in a different league.....

Main system
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC

Second system
16 minutes ago, octaviars said:

The specs on the Keces are not so good, output impedance as high as 1.8 ohm compared to Pauls SR models with 0,03 ohm is just in a different league.....

Looks to me to be 3mohm (0.003ohm) which isn't entirely believable unless it implements Kelvin sensing (4 wires, 2 power and 2 sense). Also that the impedance is specified to 100kHz seems quite far-fetched as maintaining such low inductance (3mohms @ 100kHz is the reactance of about 4.7nH or about 5mm loop circumference of wire) would be extremely hard.

7 minutes ago, opus101 said:

Looks to me to be 3mohm (0.003ohm) which isn't entirely believable unless it implements Kelvin sensing (4 wires, 2 power and 2 sense). Also that the impedance is specified to 100kHz seems quite far-fetched as maintaining such low inductance (3mohms @ 100kHz is the reactance of about 4.7nH or about 5mm loop circumference of wire) would be extremely hard.

Well these are the specs Paul have given out on his SR models so I suppose he is the one to ask if they are correct.....

Main system

Second system