IGNORED

The Paul Hynes SR7

Whatever the science says, changing the fuse direction in an AC mains inlet has changed the sound in every single case I've ever tried - including in my SR7.  I can't now remember which way round sounded best for my older-style enclosure.

BTW, now that I've significantly reduced my box-count as part of my downsizing objective, I no longer have any components with a DC input. So I'll be selling my 4-year old 3-rail SR7 shortly.

But first a question: At the back is a screw-slot voltage switch for 110/230 volts. Does anyone know if that is all one needs to change when shipping to a country with a different voltage system? Or is there something internally that needs to change as well?

Direction on inserted style is typically back to front, so I’d assume yours is. On common lateral holders, it’s left to right. Of course, listening will tell you, as the wrong direction will sound constrained. I have one Orange that was mislabeled. 

Is Paul Hynes’ operation really no longer? 

4 hours ago, highstream said:

Is Paul Hynes’ operation really no longer? 

You might want to read the most recent posts from this thread for further context on the bespoke SR7 orders.  Or, you can go back to the beginning to see the ugliness in its entirety.  Discussion of the PHD collapse begins on page 14.

On 8/27/2021 at 3:58 AM, opus101 said:

Looks that fuse is in your mains inlet. Mains is AC and hence is changing direction 100 or 120 times a second.

Yes, but the energy flow through the fuse is caused by the energy consumption of the PSU so it has a direction.

10 hours ago, highstream said:

I'm aware of the ups and downs and ups previously. He reestablished the business long enough to churn out SR4's, create a new model of SR4 and I assume some SR7's. What specifically is going on now?

He fired all the employees and liquidated the company. It's all documented in the SR7 calendar thread. What more is there to say?

• 5 months later...

If anyone waiting a custom build has not been in contact with me in the past, please send me a PM.  We have been building a database of builds and money lost for the purpose of reporting to the authorities.  So far, we only have only been able to account for around 1/3 of the undelivered custom builds.  The more information we have, the more likely we are to get their attention and instigate legal action.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I ordered a custom build in 2017.

February 2020 I was build no 30 and Paul was on build 20.

After many excuses and or delays I asked Paul to cancel my order September 2020.

Build number 30 was sold and I received a refund October 2020.

Went on and ordered a Sean Jacobs Power supply.

Who purchased build number 30 and how did you get on ?

On 9/6/2022 at 3:36 PM, Clive101 said:

I ordered a custom build in 2017.

February 2020 I was build no 30 and Paul was on build 20.

After many excuses and or delays I asked Paul to cancel my order September 2020.

Build number 30 was sold and I received a refund October 2020.

Went on and ordered a Sean Jacobs Power supply.

Who purchased build number 30 and how did you get on ?

Edit June 2020 for the cancel and refund of the build 

From Dec 2018:

I currently have an order cancellation for two SR7 single rail power
supplies due for build start approximately in the middle of March

After contributing £1572 towards Paul's general living expenses, I ended up with build 31 (a popular build number as I've come to learn).  Whoever got build 30 18 months later got to jump the queue! (lucky dog)

ATT Fiber -> EdgeRouter X SFP -> Taiko Audio Extreme -> Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE w/ Level 2 DAC -> Voxativ 9.87 speakers w/ 4D drivers