IGNORED

The Paul Hynes SR7

21 minutes ago, Confused said:

@paulhynes perhaps you should swap premises with our politicians? they wouldn't notice the smell in your building what with the amount of excrement they have all been talking just lately 😁

customer server+AudiophileOptimizer >>UltraRendu (SR4) >> Lush(JSSG360) >>> IsoRegen(SR4) >>> Lush^2 >>> blu2 >>Blaxius^2D >> Dave > HD800(SDRmod)

8 minutes ago, Jiffi32 said:

@paulhynes perhaps you should swap premises with our politicians? they wouldn't notice the smell in your building what with the amount of excrement they have all been talking just lately 😁

Great idea.  We could send them all to Paul Hynes island, and not let them back on the mainland until they agree something. 

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

7 hours ago, paulhynes said:

Humorous comments and puns are acceptable at this point and, if my mood lifts, I may give a prize to the one that makes me laugh the most, but no trolling, sarcastic or negative comments please.

What Paul didn't mention is that the prize is jumping to the front of the SR7 build queue (sorry Rajiv, but I'll be sure to share mine when I get it early ;)

This whole episode reminds me of the following:

Colonel E.H. Taylor Jr. Warehouse C Tornado Surviving Bourbon

This bourbon’s accident was an act of nature—an act whose resulting bottles can now fetch over $2000 on the secondary market. In 2006 a tornado tore through central Kentucky, with wind and rain wreaking havoc across Bourbon Country. Buffalo Trace was left with a damaged roof at Warehouse 😄 an old brick building built by E.H. Taylor himself in 1881.

The barrels on the top floor were miraculously undamaged, but had to be left exposed to the elements for long, hot summer months while the roof was repaired. Years later, when they were tasted for bottling, it seemed the sun, wind, and rain did something special to the barrels, which resulted in the special bottle of Colonel E.H. Taylor Jr. Warehouse C Tornado Surviving.

According to my elite bourbon friends, these are some of the finest bourbons in the world, and people have spent years trying in vain to recreate these conditions to replicate the amazing flavor that resulted.

In the context of Paul's story, we should track down the people in the flat and figure out what they've been eating, we may need that info some day to try and replicate the special tone of serial numbers 15, 17, and 18.

ATT Fiber -> EdgeRouter X SFP -> Taiko Audio Extreme -> Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE w/ Level 2 DAC -> Voxativ 9.87 speakers w/ 4D drivers

Given the ebb and flow of progress, and other ‘material’, is it possible, against all odds, to get an update on Build 16? T’was left out of the previous post (note 15,17, &18 were referenced) and it’s status was described strangely by a poster (not Paul) a week or so ago. Build 16 seems to have gone missing and I’m wondering  if it might be the source of the plug in the pipes.....

@Ralf11 - As we possibly share same interest for Porsche...

Can we really compare company like Fuchs Wheel restoration with Paul Hynes Design ?

- They claim 6 weeks delivery - no evidence they don't meet that...

- You pay at the moment work is done - not months/years upfront

- They have a fully operational workshop - nothing about blocked drain or what else excuses preventing to do their job timely

- Customer base is order of magnitude wider - here we are just 15 or so sitting in SR7 purgatory...

Has anyone tried Alex LT3045's with the SR7?

Because of the failure of one of my 3A rails in my SR7,  for protection from another voltage spike, I added the LT3045's on the remaining two 3A rails, but I never compared the difference in sound!

I wonder if Lt3045 will improve or degrade the sound?!

1 hour ago, your momo said:

@Ralf11 - As we possibly share same interest for Porsche...

Can we really compare company like Fuchs Wheel restoration with Paul Hynes Design ?

- They claim 6 weeks delivery - no evidence they don't meet that...

- You pay at the moment work is done - not months/years upfront

- They have a fully operational workshop - nothing about blocked drain or what else excuses preventing to do their job timely

- Customer base is order of magnitude wider - here we are just 15 or so sitting in SR7 purgatory...

well, I was thinking more of a guy named John who does the wheel restoration in Calif. ...

but the broad principle applies (and that guy had people's wheels stacked up in his workspace or warehouse, so the customer was out of use of his wheels)

I noted your screen name, but didn't know which marque it was on!

On 4/5/2019 at 11:54 PM, sima66 said:

Because of the failure of one of my 3A rails in my SR7,  for protection from another voltage spike, I added the LT3045's on the remaining two 3A rails, but I never compared the difference in sound!

Yes, please do let us know after you try

On 4/4/2019 at 7:21 AM, paulhynes said:

Well, plumbers are as rare as rocking horse manure on the island but I managed to make contact with several (so not so rare really) but they were unavailable and I was informed that they are booked up solid with work for many, many months.

Didn't know the plumbing situation was so bad in Scotland.

Usually calling a plumbing company & getting a plumber over, takes anywhere from a few hours to maybe a few days.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2019 at 5:54 PM, sima66 said:

Worrying...

On 4/4/2019 at 8:21 AM, paulhynes said:

We have a temporary lay off issue at the new premises.

Paul,

It would be helpful if you’d duplicate these major posts on the SR4 thread. Those of us over there with orders pending didn’t know to follow this thread, and thus haven’t known what to think about why no response to emails sent in April and the meaning of that for our April orders. Good luck with this sewage/drain business. Thanks,

Gene