IGNORED

The Paul Hynes SR7

If the count started at the beginning of the year then that would make the current production rate at roughly 2 per month.

If so the delivery estimates might be :

Jul 2018 - #14

Aug 2018 - #16

Sep 2018 - #17 (unavoidable delays)

Oct 2018 - #19

Nov 2018 - #21

Dec 2018 - #21 (holidays)

Jan 2019 - #22 (recovery)

Feb 2019 - #24

Mar 2019 - #26

Apr 2019 - #28

If I base my expectation on this, then I will be pleasantly surprised if I can get delivery before the estimated time. ?

Yes you have to open the case. Open four screws from side, preferably from switch end. Slide the top out. You will see blue potentiometer with a small brass screw on top. As you turn that, it varies the voltage. Take your time first few times. It is little tricky because you have to measure voltage while you turn the brass screw. All this is based on my SR7.

Hi All,

I was build #6 and received mine last week.

I was worried when I saw here that build #7 delivered before mine.

I contacted Paul who kindly responded after a short pause and reassured me that mine was delayed because of wrong parts order.

I was anxious as all of you are that haven't received yours but I believe Paul is very honest and will fulfil his commitments completely.

Thanks sig8 for posting about opening the case to adjust output voltage on my 2nd rail as Paul has not responded to my emails. He must have too much on his plate at the moment.

Cheers,

Geoff

PH SR7 > MacMini+Uptone MMK Mod > Audirvana 3.2 > re-clocked D-LInk switch/LPS1.1 > sMS-200Ultra/LPS1.2 > tX-USBUltra/PH SR7 > Chord BluDave > Focal Utopia(Norne Silver) or Voxativ 9.87/ Stereo REL G1 Mk II

For those that have yet to open up their SR7, the following may save some time:

The screws used are Torx star-headed screws, size T20.

The usual Philips/Posidrive cross-headed screwdrivers won't fit.

I unscrewed the back panel, as Paul recommnded. There are wires connected to the back panel, but it only needs to be angled out slightly in order to get a grip on the top panel to slide that out.

Doesn't it make you sad ? when you've paid upfront and stand in a queue which can be a year long, when Paul then offers anyone to simply jump the queue and  even "re-customise" the design (basically design to your spec)?

Makes you want to cancel your order and use the proceeds to jump the queue and spec your original order again.?

This news sucks for existing queued customers. 

Flkin,

I guess you have misread my last post. Nobody is jumping queues. If a customer wants to cancel his order, for whatever reason, I offer his order to others to allow me to give him a full refund. This does not alter the queue, as the new customer taking over the cancelled order will still have to wait until the original customer number in the queue before I start building the power supply.

Re-customisation is possible in limited circumstances as the materials I have purchased for the build can often be re-configured slightly to match requirements. However, if the build is imminent and a new mains transformer is required this can delay the build by the lead time from my transformer manufacturer (currently 30 to 40 working days from order placement to shipment). In this case the order is set aside until the transformer arrives allowing others in the queue to move forward, which is a plus factor for them.

Build 16 and build 17 are imminent (starting soon). I guess there is nothing stopping people from ordering one of these power supplies and cancelling orders placed later in the queue. However you would have to pay the original order cost, cover any re-customisation costs, which could be significant and possibly suffer a lead time postponement if a new mains transformer is required. You would also have to await the sale of your cancelled order to receive a refund for this. Overall this could be a costly exercise. There are only a few cancelled orders so the scope for the scenario you have raised is limited but I can see that this could end up being a problem if people tried to do this every time an order cancellation occurs, as it would waste a lot of my time and annoy others in the queue.

For those considering following this scenario you should note that my custom build order terms have no cancellation rights. This is normal for custom-made items. If customers do need to cancel their order I offer to help sell the order on to someone else. This offer of help is not there for people to abuse and I would be disinclined to help with such transactions outlined above.

Design and manufacture of high performance power supplies

Flkin,

I generally order long lead time materials for a build during the week following payment. Small component orders for builds are usually processed together at the end of the month of order as they are usually in stock with my suppliers. Out of stock items go on back order but their lead times usually complete before the build starts. This means that by the time the build starts everything is in stock for the build.

Changes to specification can usually be accommodated provided any additional costs are met. If a spec change is late in the lead time, and requires a new mains transformer, there may be a delay with acquisition that over extends the original build lead time.

Hi guys

if you remember i told paul is not trusted and he not refund my money after 6 month.

now Paul have sent me an email and he told me he will refund my money this week.

Good news to me and other who would like to order Paul.

i should say Paul is trusted and if you pay him he will refund your money .

Amir

• 1 month later...

Got my SR7 (#13), I should have got it earlier but I was travelling so I had asked Paul to ship it later.  

Was totally worth the wait. Sounds smoother with improved transparency and dynamics. Previously I was using iFi power supply for Tx-USBUltra and modded switch,  and a LPS1 for SMS-200. 

For a SR7MR4XL with two 6A modules and two 3A modules, meaning 18A of continuous current, I take it to mean  that a power strip distributor must have the capacity to have a maximum current rating of 18A or more? The only power strip I found capable of delivering up to 20Amps of continuous power that's somewhat transportable is the Shunyata Venom PS8.

Their EU version sadly only offers up to 16A continuous current. Can anyone else can offer any other alternatives? It seems most of the competition maxes out at 10A.

The two 6A modules will mostly be used to power the TT2 + Hugo MScaler.

Ciukas,

The 18A current is the output current available spread across the four regulated output rails of the specified SR7. The input current required from the mains, when all rails are fully utilised, would be between 6 to 10 times lower on 110vac mains and between 12 to 24 times lower on 230vac mains depending on the specification of the secondary windings of the mains transformer. Most loads would idle at lower than maximum continuous rail current so the mains input current would be even lower in these circumstances.

21 minutes ago, Ciukas said:

For a SR7MR4XL with two 6A modules and two 3A modules, meaning 18A of continuous current, I take it to mean  that a power strip distributor must have the capacity to have a maximum current rating of 18A or more? The only power strip I found capable of delivering up to 20Amps of continuous power that's somewhat transportable is the Shunyata Venom PS8.

That is the power on the DC side on the AC side the amperage is much lower. 

Main system
TAD D1000mk2, TAD M2500mk2, TAD CE-1, Ansuz Mainz 8 C2, Ansuz Darkz D-TC, 
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC
HD Plex 200W PSU (4 rail for ISP fiber, router, etherREGEN and NUC)

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...