IGNORED

The Paul Hynes SR7

Amir - Your complaints have been lodged. You had your own thread and continued to post the same thing over and over, adding no value and making no further points. Everyone understands the situation after reading a single post. There is no need or benefit to continually posting the same thing. In fact, your continued posting will make people not like you and possible feel bad for Paul Hynes. 

You don't have to remain quite about this issue, but you can't continue to post the same thing over and over here on CA. I've received several messages from people complaining about your posts because they have to read them over and over. That's not good for the CA Community. It's good for people to read about your issue once. That's it.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

10 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Amir - Your complaints have been lodged. You had your own thread and continued to post the same thing over and over, adding no value and making no further points. Everyone understands the situation after reading a single post. There is no need or benefit to continually posting the same thing. In fact, your continued posting will make people not like you and possible feel bad for Paul Hynes. 

You don't have to remain quite about this issue, but you can't continue to post the same thing over and over here on CA. I've received several messages from people complaining about your posts because they have to read them over and over. That's not good for the CA Community. It's good for people to read about your issue once. That's it.

Chris 

please open my thread , i will just post new events and i will stop after paul refund my money.

Thank you

Perhaps I missed this information in the past, but what just caught my eye in amir's post was this from Paul, "I have closed the custom build service."

Does this mean Paul will no longer be building anything but the SR4?

amir, I have compassion for your situation, really I do.  The fact is that Paul already is aware of your request.  None of us here can do a thing about it.  I know he's working through his backlog of orders and I'm sure yours is one of those.  He will either ship it to you or find another buyer.  I also know how hard it is to be patient and how easy it is to be concerned you could lose your money.  I was in your same situation, then Paul shipped my SR7 and I'm glad I have one.  Be patient, and don't post any complaints in this thread again.

7 minutes ago, Johnseye said:

Perhaps I missed this information in the past, but what just caught my eye in amir's post was this from Paul, "I have closed the custom build service."

Does this mean Paul will no longer be building anything but the SR4?

Yes, I was wondering about this as well.  If this is the case then perhaps Amir may have more chance of finding a buyer for his SR7.

3 hours ago, tims said:

Yes, I was wondering about this as well.  If this is the case then perhaps Amir may have more chance of finding a buyer for his SR7.

I’m not sure I remember this correctly but I thought Paul mentioned somewhere that he was taking no more custom/SR7 orders until he had cleared the backlog.  So it could be just a temporary thing.

Zenith SE > USPCB (5v off) > tX-USBultra 9V (SR4) > Sablon Reserva Elite USB > M Scaler > WAVE Stream bnc > DAVE > Prion4/Lazuli Reference > Utopia/LCD-4/HE1000se

2 minutes ago, str-1 said:

I’m not sure I remember this correctly but I thought Paul mentioned somewhere that he was taking no more custom/SR7 orders until he had cleared the backlog.  So it could be just a temporary thing.

Here is what I got directly from Paul when I inquired about placing a new SR7 order:

I am sorry to have to disappoint you but I have closed the Custom Build service to new orders.  

Whilst I have committed personally to ensuring all the outstanding Custom Build orders are completed, I have no interest in continuing with Custom Build once the backlog is cleared.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Just now, rickca said:

Here is what I got directly from Paul when I inquired about placing a new SR7 order:

I am sorry to have to disappoint you but I have closed the Custom Build service to new orders.  

Whilst I have committed personally to ensuring all the outstanding Custom Build orders are completed, I have no interest in continuing with Custom Build once the backlog is cleared.

Well that’s pretty clear on custom builds.  But what about standard(ish) SR7s?

Zenith SE > USPCB (5v off) > tX-USBultra 9V (SR4) > Sablon Reserva Elite USB > M Scaler > WAVE Stream bnc > DAVE > Prion4/Lazuli Reference > Utopia/LCD-4/HE1000se

Seems like there's an opportunity for a US manufacturer here.  The exchange rate is making it really expensive for US buyers to go to guys like Sean Jacobs of CHC in the UK.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

31 minutes ago, rickca said:

Seems like there's an opportunity for a US manufacturer here.  The exchange rate is making it really expensive for US buyers to go to guys like Sean Jacobs of CHC in the UK.

Does the US have talented PSU builders like PH or Sean Jacobs in the ???

1 minute ago, mozes said:

Does the US have talented PSU builders like PH or Sean Jacobs in the ???

Don't you think John Swenson could do it?  I think the only question is whether he and Alex want to do it.

Just now, mozes said:

I think it is not John’s priority.

You're probably right.  I think John has many more creative ideas that will result in products of higher value for us.

Just now, rickca said:

You're probably right.  I think John has many more creative ideas that will result in products of higher value for us.

Exactly! John creates products that are killer performers at reasonable prices that many of us can afford. I don’t see myself spending $3,000 for PSU.

As one of the happy 29, I must admit I knew for a while that Paul was planning to wind down the custom business. I don't blame him- it obviously causes much angst, only applies to a select part of the population, and doesn't apparently make people as wildly happy as a ~$500 PSU.

But then that's what the SR4 represents, which happily for Paul he's been able to get out quickly, efficiently and on time.

Purely from a commercial perspective if I were him I'd also choose that angle as the future of my business :)

12 minutes ago, jelt2359 said:

As one of the happy 29, I must admit I knew for a while that Paul was planning to wind down the custom business.

I guess this means you will now have a collector's item that you get to enjoy.

36 minutes ago, jelt2359 said:

Currently planning to power my server, mutec, rednet and FMC. Four rails, four trafos total.

Sorry for going off topic, but are you re-clocking your FMC's?  Mine have upgraded capacitors and linear regulators and are being re-clocked.  It's a bit over the top (especially with the need for quality linear power), but they make a nice improvement in sound quality.

6 hours ago, jelt2359 said:

As one of the happy 29, I must admit I knew for a while that Paul was planning to wind down the custom business.

A lot of people will be disappointed but a part of me is relieved he is doing this.  

He’s a nice guy who I’ve had a couple of very pleasant and informative telephone conversations with, and others who have had chance to speak with him (e.g. Roy/romaz) speak very highly of him.  But it is clear he has been having a tough time of it recently with family health and business issues and it was becoming increasingly clear that meeting the demand for custom build SR7s with the resources he has was unsustainable.

I’m a little envious of those of you who have an SR7, but in truth I would probably never have ordered one.  Having ditched my multiple small box system for an Innuos Zenith SE, I’m now only looking for something really good to power the tx-USBultra I plan to get to replace my ISO Regen.  The SR4 I have on order should do the trick.

5 hours ago, jelt2359 said:

Nope. But I just got the Delock, following fob69’s lead. Expect that to have a nice improvement over the switching regulators in the tplink. 

Could you give some details and link. 

Like @auricgoldfinger my fmc have been modified by sotm for regulator and are clocked by an sCLKex . They are battery powered .

It did provide a nice sq bump to my system. 

PCserver Supermicro X11SAA under Daphile  ,Jcat pcie net card ,Etherregen,e-red dock endpoint,powered by LPS 1.2 , SPS 500 , Sean Jacobs level 3 psu,  DAC Audiomat Maestro 3, Nagra Classic Amp , Hattor passive preamplifier , Martin Logan montis