IGNORED

The Paul Hynes SR7

4 hours ago, limniscate said:

I ordered mine at the end of May. There are people who ordered even earlier who still haven't received their order. 

Delay in delivery of a good is something understandable when it is almost a one man operation .

However at time of ordering the delay should be mentioned by the seller ... 

PCserver Supermicro X11SAA under Daphile  ,Jcat pcie net card ,Etherregen,e-red dock endpoint,powered by LPS 1.2 , SPS 500 , Sean Jacobs level 3 psu,  DAC Audiomat Maestro 3, Nagra Classic Amp , Hattor passive preamplifier , Martin Logan montis

1 hour ago, jean-michel6 said:

Delay in delivery of a good is sIt omething understandable when it is almost a one man operation .

However at time of ordering the delay should be mentioned by the seller ... 

Frankly, telling people 20-30 business days is dishonest, if not fraudulent, when he knows the real wait time is more like 9 months.  It would take about 1 minute to update his specifications and pricing document with the actual build time.  He's always happy to keep taking new orders though. 

All we can do is hope he starts focusing on reducing his backlog.  Otherwise, the new orders will dry up as people realize the wait involved is not worth the uncertainty and risk.

6 hours ago, auricgoldfinger said:

Frankly, telling people 20-30 business days is dishonest, if not fraudulent, when he knows the real wait time is more like 9 months.  It would take about 1 minute to update his specifications and pricing document with the actual build time.  He's always happy to keep taking new orders though. 

All we can do is hope he starts focusing on reducing his backlog.  Otherwise, the new orders will dry up as people realize the wait involved is not worth the uncertainty and risk.

+1

7 hours ago, auricgoldfinger said:

+2

DigitalDac: Chord DAVE, Amp: MC275 Mono, Preamp: FirstSound, Source: Esoteric K01X, Cable: TaraLab GME interconnect,
CASSOtM Trifecta Mod 75ohm MCI, TheLinearSolution TCXO Router

Analog: SME 20/2, SME V, Skala, Esoteric C03 Phono

7 minutes ago, Johnseye said:

"Your statement regarding delays with the SR4 is misleading as the only person with any significant delay has been Octaviars and this has been due to UPS having lost his shipment. I have set aside a replacement unit from the next available SR4 batch for Octaviars to avoid the long wait while UPS decide whether they can find his power supply or not."

As Paul writes the delay on my SR4 is only because UPS lost the package. Nothing to do with anything else, and from the day I placed the order and payed everything went as planed.

Main system
TAD D1000mk2, TAD M2500mk2, TAD CE-1, Ansuz Mainz 8 C2, Ansuz Darkz D-TC, 
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC
HD Plex 200W PSU (4 rail for ISP fiber, router, etherREGEN and NUC)

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

You that have any of Pauls PSU what do you think the burn in time was in your system before it had settled down?

UPS might have found the lost SR4 so hopfully it will arrive next week.

Main system
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC

Second system

How would l know the SR4 order fall within the first batch or 2nd batch order?

Does he mention anything about shipping date for 2nd batch?

patiently waiting for a reply from Paul. 

DigitalDac: Chord DAVE, Amp: MC275 Mono, Preamp: FirstSound, Source: Esoteric K01X, Cable: TaraLab GME interconnect,
CASSOtM Trifecta Mod 75ohm MCI, TheLinearSolution TCXO Router

Analog: SME 20/2, SME V, Skala, Esoteric C03 Phono

4 hours ago, mozes said:

I initially enjoyed reading about the performance of the SR7, but this thread drifted now to shipping/logistics issues. Since these issues dominate the discussion of PH, maybe they need a dedicated thread.

If they need a thread at all, valid or not.  Complaints should not be part of a review thread. I'll need to be a little more firm in the future. 

1 minute ago, Johnseye said:

If they need a thread at all, valid or not.  Complaints should not be part of a review thread. I'll need to be a little more firm in the future. 

As OP, it would be within your purview to declare all shipping delays, complaints, etc as off topic. I think there's been enough venting!

Honestly, I am hoping for more actual reviews of the SR-7 by people who have received it. For that matter, and if you're OK with allowing it on this thread, I'd also like to hear more reviews from people who ordered the SR-4. I posted my impressions on the "A novel..." thread, but surprised we've not heard from more people.

1 hour ago, amir57bs said:

I think You and some peoples like you in this forum are trying to help Paul to continue to his business without delivering customer orders.

If Chris do not help me but i could ask him to let me write about My experience with Paul Hynes.

I understand your pain, this is very frustrating. My advice is to start your own thread and talk about your experience with PH.

3 hours ago, amir57bs said:

I think You and some peoples like you in this forum are trying to help Paul to continue to his business without delivering customer orders.

If Chris do not help me but i could ask him to let me write about My experience with Paul Hynes.

I think you're mistaken. I have no interest in helping his business. My review is only to share my experience with others in this forum. If you've read any of my posts you'd know that. 

You should take your grievances up with Paul. That's all I will say on that subject. 

4 hours ago, amir57bs said:

If this is the Amir I think it is there is no fair trial available for Paul Hynes. It will be a trial made in hell with no chance to win! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

9 minutes ago, Johnseye said:

You should take your grievances up with Paul. That's all I will say on that subject. 

John

IIRC, Paul also had some MAJOR health issues recently, which would further have disrupted his delivery dates. Paul has always been a little behind with his delivery dates as long as I can remember.

Regards

Alex

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

22 hours ago, amir57bs said:

.....My experience with Paul Hynes.

I contacted Paul by email about buying a SR4 in November. He replied within a few hours and also a couple of follow up questions were responded to both promptly  and professionally. 

I ordered one from the next months batch and received it within 2 days of stated shipping date. I am very happy with it. 

Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > EtherRegen switch powered by Paul Hynes SR4 LPS >MacBook Pro 2013 > EC Designs PowerDac SX > TNT UBYTE-2 Speaker cables > Omega Super Alnico Monitors > 2x Rel T Zero Subwoofers. 

13 minutes ago, tapatrick said:

I ordered one from the next months batch and received it within 2 days of stated shipping date. I am very happy with it. 

Did you feel that the SR4 needed time to burn in or did it perform well right out of the box?

Main system

Second system
20 minutes ago, amir57bs said:

Haha

paul do not answer emails quicker than 1 week , i wonder how you got your order .

Are you being serious.... 

When I bought my SR4 he answered my questions often the same day and more than once a day. I sent him PM:s here on CA.....

You can believe that if you want to but my inbox have all of Pauls answers left.

Regarding how he treats customers that bought a SR7 I cant say anything about that but I had no problem buying a SR4. 

Main system

Second system
2 hours ago, amir57bs said:

Haha

paul do not answer emails quicker than 1 week , i wonder how you got your order .

Please stop posting here. You obviously have not used one of these PSUs so have nothing constructive to contribute. I do not want to read your complaints. Go start your own QQ thread.