IGNORED

The Paul Hynes SR7

26 minutes ago, auricgoldfinger said:

Respectfully, I am not the OP,  but this thread is ostensibly about the SR7, not DIY power supply enhancements.

Thank you. I don't mind talking about other Hynes products, or comparing others with Hynes as long as we stay focused on Hynes. 

14 hours ago, beautiful music said:

Did you receive an email from Paul this week?

Not yet 

PCserver Supermicro X11SAA under Daphile  ,Jcat pcie net card ,Etherregen,e-red dock endpoint,powered by LPS 1.2 , SPS 500 , Sean Jacobs level 3 psu,  DAC Audiomat Maestro 3, Nagra Classic Amp , Hattor passive preamplifier , Martin Logan montis

15 hours ago, beautiful music said:

I recieved email from Paul yesterday regarding my SR4 that UPS lost >:( and he will ship a new one from Januari batch.

Main system
TAD D1000mk2, TAD M2500mk2, TAD CE-1, Ansuz Mainz 8 C2, Ansuz Darkz D-TC, 
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC
HD Plex 200W PSU (4 rail for ISP fiber, router, etherREGEN and NUC)

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree
5 hours ago, Cornan said:

Sorry to hear that! I hope you'll get the replacement soon!

Well I hope so to as I was supposed to get the SR4 on 18th December but now it will be late Januari. 

Have all my system ready with PSU for network equipment, Netgear GS108 switch, SOtM SMS Ultra endpoint, Ghent DC and network cables. Ghent made a DC cable with 4pole male xlr (pin 1,2 -0V and 3,4 +Ve) that fits the SR4 so I am looking forward to driving the SOtM with the SR4 (using the original SMPS right now).

Main system
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC

Second system
33 minutes ago, octaviars said:

Well I hope so to as I was supposed to get the SR4 on 18th December but now it will be late Januari. 

Have all my system ready with PSU for network equipment, Netgear GS108 switch, SOtM SMS Ultra endpoint, Ghent DC and network cables. Ghent made a DC cable with 4pole male xlr (pin 1,2 -0V and 3,4 +Ve) that fits the SR4 so I am looking forward to driving the SOtM with the SR4 (using the original SMPS right now).

Bad luck! :( I saw your post with pictures earlier. Looks very neat with nice layout. Be sure to post your impressions! I am still considering the SR4. I just want to hear how Gophert/Voltcraft plus 3A single ps LT3045 sounds first. I am getting my two single ps´s today.

🎛️  Audio System  

5 minutes ago, auricgoldfinger said:

Glad to hear you don't have to wait 2-3 months for UPS to declare the first package officially lost. 

I think Paul deals with them about this so I dont have to wait.

Main system

Second system

I know it's an SR7 thread but may still be most relevant to my questions, so please bear with me. 

I'm borrowing an SR3 (12V/3A) to try against a SOtM SPS-500 on my SOtM SMS-200 Ultra. The guy who lent it to me is ready to sell it but he is not too bothered either way. So here are my questions:

1. The owner has no cables with the unit so I had to make some using the banana plug terminal output of the power supply. Are there any SQ differences between the banana plug output and the DIN output?

2. What kind of 4-pin DIN connector is it? Can someone name it or give me a link to a webpage where I can buy it?

3. Can the input voltage be changed to 110 V (now it is 230V) internally or I would have to use an external transformer?

4. If I decide to buy it, what would be a reasonable/fair price for the unit? It is lightly used, no external damage but no DC cables. I found that it cost around GBP 270-300 when new but not many coming up for sale so the used price doesn't seem to be "established".

Any help is appreciated. 

HQplayer - NAA - Devialet D-800 - YG Acoustics Carmel + dual ELAC sub-2090

I can't answer any of your questions specifically, but you ought to review this comparison of the SR4 vs. LPS-1.  Several other CA members have found the sPS-500 and LPS-1 to be more or less equivalent.  It is reasonable to assume the SR-4 outperforms the SR-3.  Thus, I would expect the SR-3 to be inferior to all of the above.  Personally, I wouldn't give an SR3 much value, especially without cables.

12 hours ago, auricgoldfinger said:

I can't answer any of your questions specifically, but you ought to review this comparison of the SR4 vs. LPS-1.  Several other CA members have found the sPS-500 and LPS-1 to be more or less equivalent.  It is reasonable to assume the SR-4 outperforms the SR-3. 

Yes, read the review earlier but I also read that some people still found the SR7 the best in some applications (I know it is not the same as the SR3).
Anyway, I own an SPS-500 and also an Uptone JS-2 and have the SR3 with me, so I'll be able to make sound quality judgements but would like to know the answers to the questions I asked as they may have some bearing on my decision on whether I buy the SR-3 if it turns out to be good.

HQplayer - NAA - Devialet D-800 - YG Acoustics Carmel + dual ELAC sub-2090

On 09/01/2018 at 2:04 PM, beautiful music said:

Still no news from Paul on revised schedule ...

I have exchanged with a guy from New York who has not yet received his unit ordered in may ...

Something is really wrong with all that !

PCserver Supermicro X11SAA under Daphile  ,Jcat pcie net card ,Etherregen,e-red dock endpoint,powered by LPS 1.2 , SPS 500 , Sean Jacobs level 3 psu,  DAC Audiomat Maestro 3, Nagra Classic Amp , Hattor passive preamplifier , Martin Logan montis

On 09/01/2018 at 8:49 AM, guillaume31 said:

I would not be so optimistic regarding delivery times...I am awaiting an SR7 supposed to be delivered end of January and I was getting very quick replies to my emails, very often the same day, before placing the order....I followed-up on my order twice over the last week and still have not heard anything :( I never expected to receive my SR7 on time but it'd be nice to receive a reply and get more visibility :$

Hi Guillaume 

When did you order your unit ? Have you received an updated delivery time ?

I am waiting for the SR7 too, expected to be delivered this month, but has been delayed (I am willing to wait and understand his reason).

Paul had got back to me today and said he was not able to respond last week because of health reasons and he also sent a detailed notice explaining his plan and the cause for delays, he also said that he has started sending out the notice to others. He  said he will review and provide an updated schedule.

7 hours ago, KMan said:

I am waiting for the SR7 too, expected to be delivered this month, but has been delayed (I am willing to wait and understand his reason).

Paul had got back to me today and said he was not able to respond last week because of health reasons and he also sent a detailed notice explaining his plan and the cause for delays, he also said that he has started sending out the notice to others. He  said he will review and provide an updated schedule.

Till now i didn't receive anything from him

On 15/01/2018 at 7:50 AM, jean-michel6 said:

Hi Guillaume 

When did you order your unit ? Have you received an updated delivery time ?

Hi Jean-Michel,

I ordered mine last September I think, but it was an SR-4 at the time and I changed my mind to an SR-7 shortly afterwards....I have not received any revised schedule unfortunately

TANNOY Definition DC8T / STELLO Ai700 / AYRE QB-9 DSD / SOtM sMS-200 Ultra / QNAP HS-251+ / Triode Wire Labs

36 minutes ago, guillaume31 said:

Hi Jean-Michel,

I ordered mine last September I think, but it was an SR-4 at the time and I changed my mind to an SR-7 shortly afterwards....I have not received any revised schedule unfortunately

Me too guillaume i ordered mine in september  !