IGNORED

The Paul Hynes SR7

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, guillaume31 said:

Spotforscott,

Did Paul confirm this ? Because I'm #24 and my delivery date is way beyond (according to an update I received beg. of September)

I have not asked for confirmation recently. He gave me that start build date at the end of August. I have never asked him how long a build takes once he starts the build (I assumed it would be a week or two but I may be way off with that). I will reach out to him and get an update and post an update here

@paulhynes Please provide an update to the thread on the build schedule.  In particular, please let us know how actual deliveries have fared relative to your schedule as laid out on 11 February.  My perception based on very limited (and perhaps, erroneous) information is that you are completing and shipping units at far less than the planned rate of one per week. 

Yes, it is about time for an update.

I am behind with my estimated schedule for the outstanding custom builds for various reasons. Over the last few months the health support systems I had in place for two of my family members collapsed and I have had to make a number of trips off island to get this sorted out and to transport them for health assessments and appointments. The National Health Service is currently in a sorry state at present being undermanned and under funded. Hopefully this in now settled again for the time being although health appointments will be necessary from time to time for monitoring purposes.

There have also been a number of business trips off island that took longer than usual and of course the Easter and Summer holidays.

There has been a trend of re-specification for outstanding orders to allow compatibility with new developments in the computer audio sector, and a number of order cancellation transfers to deal with which all takes time to sort out and it also causes delays with the orders.

The working conditions at home reached saturation point with two of us working in a rather small space stacked high with equipment, transformers, chassis, components etc. Vying for space to work had become a big issue. Also we need to create disabled facilities at home and the rooms I currently use for work will shortly no longer be available because of this. So I planned to move the business into new premises with plenty of work and office space (approx 8 times the current space), which I scheduled for takeover the first week in September. Unfortunately the move has been delayed because the owner of the premises was unable to get tradesmen in for general repairs and decorating before the move so it has been postponed until 5th November. There is a lot of stuff to move and it will take some time for an orderly preparation during the week before the move and dealing with workshop and office installation the week after. Unfortunately there will be no production work during this time. The priority will be to get the production area functional as soon as possible.

My technical computer died screaming during a backup last week when the ATX power supply exploded. I was sat next to it at the time, which was pretty scary. I have replacement equipment ordered to rebuild it. I do hope the hard drives have survived, as it will be tedious and time consuming to have to re-install everything onto new hard drives.

All of the above has caused considerable disruption with my work on the custom build outstanding orders with little happening over the last two months. Once we have the new premises up and running we should be able to work more efficiently than of late and my primary aim will be to get up to speed with my work schedule again. With so much happening recently I have been a little disorganised with the admin for which I apologise.

This week I should be shipping out custom orders 15 and 16. Order 17 has been temporarily delayed due to a re-specification so I will start on order 18 as soon as the new workshop is functional.

Design and manufacture of high performance power supplies

@paulhynesthanks for the update.  Sorry to hear about the various problems you’ve had recently and I hope things soon start falling back into place for you.  Life is all about constantly changing priorities and I think those of us still on the waiting list for custom builds all fully understand that you have more important things to take care of first.  Best wishes.

Zenith SE > USPCB (5v off) > tX-USBultra 9V (SR4) > Sablon Reserva Elite USB > M Scaler > WAVE Stream bnc > DAVE > Prion4/Lazuli Reference > Utopia/LCD-4/HE1000se

4 hours ago, spotforscott said:

For those who have a PH SR7, have you experimented with different AC Powercords? 

It will be a few more months before I get my SR7 but I did have a few power cables on loan recently to try with my DAVE, Zenith SE and SR4.  As Audio Bacon and @austinpopreported, the SR4 does benefit significantly from a better power cable.  There were differences between the cables I tried (Shunyata Alpha HC and Delta NR, Chord Sarum T, Vertere and Audioquest Thunder) but they all allowed the SR4 to get more out of my tX-USBultra, allowing it to deliver a punchier more authorative and dynamic sound.  I would expect at the very least equally impressive improvements with an SR7.

Zenith SE > USPCB (5v off) > tX-USBultra 9V (SR4) > Sablon Reserva Elite USB > M Scaler > WAVE Stream bnc > DAVE > Prion4/Lazuli Reference > Utopia/LCD-4/HE1000se

Thanks for the update Paul and sorry to hear about the complications...I was happy to hear in a previous email that despite several challenges you will not compromise on quality and I think it's important to state it here too !

Good luck with the move, I hope all will go according to plan (we know it never does ;) but one ought to try :)  )

TANNOY Definition DC8T / STELLO Ai700 / AYRE QB-9 DSD / SOtM sMS-200 Ultra / QNAP HS-251+ / Triode Wire Labs

On 10/26/2018 at 7:51 AM, romaz said:

For those who are in the SR7 queue and are willing to spend the money for the very best, based on demand, Paul Hynes is now offering the option of a Teflon circuit board to reduce dielectric absorption in the regulator circuitry and Vishay Z Foil ultra precision bulk foil resistors which reduce resistor noise and thermal drift to very low levels.  Paul has not yet told me what this upgrade will cost but I suspect it won't come cheap although based on how he described their impact, it will be worth every penny.

@paulhynes It will be interesting to illustrate more information and price for above quotation.

1 hour ago, beautiful music said:

@paulhynes It will be interesting to illustrate more information and price for above quotation.

Teflon and similar laminates are used for microwave boards, the added cost and complexity of PCB fabrication makes it a poor choice for low frequency circuits, added cost with no real added gain...