IGNORED

The Paul Hynes SR7

• 2 months later...

Build 15 and 16 were supposed to be cleared for shipment on last week of October 2018, this is based on Paul's message (post #409) from October 22, 2018
...four months and still not received ?!?

Paul's hand build PSU rate is running pretty dry since September 2018, I wonder when last SR7 was received by a customer ?
We are very far from the "one per week", perhaps even "one per quarter" is already above reality...

Would really appreciate if this "honourable and trustworthy man" would donate 10 minutes of his busy time, chime in, and provide his customers with update regarding outstanding SR7 builds...

The very good news are Paul is ok, his health and familly look safe.

Also good news are the new large premises is fully operational, the IT is now under control with fresh blood in charge and SR4 future looks bright...

...but the less good news is confimation SR7 througput is dry since months now.

Also depressing, SR7 backlog reduction looks to sit in latest priority row. There seems to be always a reason to not work on that.

I can only second Flkin asking for a clear list of SR7 build status. Having visibility on what's going on regarding progess on SR7 builds is the minimum long waiting line customers deserve.
Also this will help Paul to keep daily focus, working on depleting this list. Having front paying customers waiting for months, if not year, is nothing good to expend a trusty business, so clearing this should become Paul's first work priority now.
6 hours ago, paulhynes said:

...Now I have decided to reverse that decision and close the custom build service again but this time permanently.

All current outstanding orders will be serviced, of course, and it is my intention to get back on the workbench next week and resume with a schedule of one custom build per five working days (as defined in my custom build ordering terms) as closely as possible until all the outstanding orders are completed...

Sad but wise, a decision that probably was hard to take, but will free your mind toward a better life.

Regarding list of custom build order backlog, we just ask for more visibility - nothing breaching - just a consistent list of all outstanding builds with status. Reading you seem not be able to for sure retrieve and match order details with customers for the about 15 or so outstanding SR7 build is not very reassuring...

Personally I don't mind if you publish my order spec, build number and name, quite opposite giving visibility is fist step for clarity.

So here it is - SR7DRMR2XL (2x 12V) with DC6FSXL cables – 0.5m length no terminal plugs, build #23, François

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@Ralf11 - As we possibly share same interest for Porsche...

Can we really compare company like Fuchs Wheel restoration with Paul Hynes Design ?

- They claim 6 weeks delivery - no evidence they don't meet that...

- You pay at the moment work is done - not months/years upfront

- They have a fully operational workshop - nothing about blocked drain or what else excuses preventing to do their job timely

- Customer base is order of magnitude wider - here we are just 15 or so sitting in SR7 purgatory...

• 3 weeks later...