IGNORED

The Paul Hynes SR7

Depends which voltage regulator module you ordered. From his manual:

S – up to 3A continuous, 20A transient current with a maximum output of 25W continuous
HD – up to 6A continuous, 30A transient current with a maximum output of 80W continuous
EHD – up to 10A continuous, 40A transient current with a maximum output of 125W continuous

The actual current rating will depend on the configuration of the supply rail voltage. For example the HD module with an 80W rating will provide 6.6A continuous at 12vdc output but only 4.4A continuous at 18v output.

I dont think you can exceed the module's output continuously beyond the max above.
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If the count started at the beginning of the year then that would make the current production rate at roughly 2 per month.

If so the delivery estimates might be :

Jul 2018 - #14

Aug 2018 - #16

Sep 2018 - #17 (unavoidable delays)

Oct 2018 - #19

Nov 2018 - #21

Dec 2018 - #21 (holidays)

Jan 2019 - #22 (recovery)

Feb 2019 - #24

Mar 2019 - #26

Apr 2019 - #28

If I base my expectation on this, then I will be pleasantly surprised if I can get delivery before the estimated time. ?

Doesn't it make you sad ? when you've paid upfront and stand in a queue which can be a year long, when Paul then offers anyone to simply jump the queue and  even "re-customise" the design (basically design to your spec)?

Makes you want to cancel your order and use the proceeds to jump the queue and spec your original order again.?

This news sucks for existing queued customers. 

• 7 months later...

It's been 13 months since I paid in full to join the queue at the bottom (and not jump the queue obtained from others quitting). At the time of making the purchase the queue was #29.

From the above discussions, Paul is at around #14 or #15. This means he manufactured around one per month while I was told it would be one per week at the time of purchase. 

Given my queue number is #29, there is another 15 units to go before I get mine. And at a rate of 1/month that would mean I have another 15 months to go.

Total time from payment to delivery would then be 28 months....  

Some question why the fuss about Paul letting others jump the queue right to the top to replace orders that didn't want to wait and quit, this is one of the reasons why.

On 2/27/2019 at 8:38 PM, paulhynes said:

Flkin,

I hear you.

As I stated in my last post a system management regime is being designed to make administration easier this will remove much admin from my work load. I will still have to provide technical advice to customers until such time as we find and train a technician but most of the day to day admin will be in Mark’s hands once he is up to speed.

Part of Mark’s remit with regard to the admin system design is to instigate progress notifications to customers via e-mail.

Auric,

E-mail me with your order specifications so I can check the records for your build.

I am tired of the constant distractions that have occurred during the last few years too. Hiring staff in the new premises is designed to alleviate those distractions.

I understand you are tired of waiting from the various comments you have posted on CA. If you have run out of patience I have a number of people awaiting order cancellations who would be only too pleased to take over your order and I would be happy to facilitate the transfer for you and thus provide a refund for you.

Incidentally, I have noticed a number of comments criticising custom build order cancellation transfers. I should point out that the cancelled orders do not belong to me. They belong to the original customer who placed the order. If he no longer wishes to proceed to completion for any reason he is fully entitled to transfer his order to another person without losing his paid for place in the custom build queue. My involvement is purely as a facilitator and to ease the transfer by providing technical information if required. This is not a conspiracy to short circuit the custom build queue and it does not change anyone else’s position in the queue.

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul 

- Status of your current build isn't a lot to ask for. Please do let us know the current build and status.

- Yes, my power requirements have changed. I would like to sell my queue position for my SR7. Please PM me if you have a customer.

Your policy of letting people take over cancellations might offer you no benefits but can't you see it upsets your current customers? This occurs because you allow to reconfigure the order which effectively makes it equivalent to buying a new custom order without the queue. Yes, we are no worse off time wise but it sure does make one wish they had simply waited to cut into the queue!

Cutting a few years of the wait time is not trival.

Hi Paul

Perhaps the way I have been writing doesn't treat you with sufficient respect for a giant in the audio world that has contributed a great deal over decades. For my frustrations taken out on you, valid or not, I apologise. 🙏 Your supplies are undoubtly fine and you have many happy customers today.

Let's take our particular situation private and continue via PM/email. I still do want to let go of my order as my audio journey has led me down a different path now.

My suggestion of disclosing the status of your production queue doesn't require you to state the owner of the queue, only the current queue number being worked on and level of work on that unit. Please do consider, it will surely save you a lot of time and heartache going forward.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2019 at 11:54 PM, sima66 said:

Has anyone tried Alex LT3045's with the SR7?

Because of the failure of one of my 3A rails in my SR7,  for protection from another voltage spike, I added the LT3045's on the remaining two 3A rails, but I never compared the difference in sound!

I wonder if Lt3045 will improve or degrade the sound?!

Yes, please do let us know after you try

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...