IGNORED

The Paul Hynes SR7

7 hours ago, paulhynes said:

Humorous comments and puns are acceptable at this point and, if my mood lifts, I may give a prize to the one that makes me laugh the most, but no trolling, sarcastic or negative comments please.

What Paul didn't mention is that the prize is jumping to the front of the SR7 build queue (sorry Rajiv, but I'll be sure to share mine when I get it early ;)

This whole episode reminds me of the following:

Colonel E.H. Taylor Jr. Warehouse C Tornado Surviving Bourbon

This bourbon’s accident was an act of nature—an act whose resulting bottles can now fetch over $2000 on the secondary market. In 2006 a tornado tore through central Kentucky, with wind and rain wreaking havoc across Bourbon Country. Buffalo Trace was left with a damaged roof at Warehouse 😄 an old brick building built by E.H. Taylor himself in 1881.

The barrels on the top floor were miraculously undamaged, but had to be left exposed to the elements for long, hot summer months while the roof was repaired. Years later, when they were tasted for bottling, it seemed the sun, wind, and rain did something special to the barrels, which resulted in the special bottle of Colonel E.H. Taylor Jr. Warehouse C Tornado Surviving.

According to my elite bourbon friends, these are some of the finest bourbons in the world, and people have spent years trying in vain to recreate these conditions to replicate the amazing flavor that resulted.

In the context of Paul's story, we should track down the people in the flat and figure out what they've been eating, we may need that info some day to try and replicate the special tone of serial numbers 15, 17, and 18.

ATT Fiber -> EdgeRouter X SFP -> Taiko Audio Extreme -> Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE w/ Level 2 DAC -> Voxativ 9.87 speakers w/ 4D drivers

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

From Dec 2018:

I currently have an order cancellation for two SR7 single rail power
supplies due for build start approximately in the middle of March

After contributing £1572 towards Paul's general living expenses, I ended up with build 31 (a popular build number as I've come to learn).  Whoever got build 30 18 months later got to jump the queue! (lucky dog)

ATT Fiber -> EdgeRouter X SFP -> Taiko Audio Extreme -> Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE w/ Level 2 DAC -> Voxativ 9.87 speakers w/ 4D drivers