IGNORED

The Paul Hynes SR7

On 1/11/2019 at 3:43 PM, TheAttorney said:

So the original problem was caused by the house power supply, rather than the SR7 itself. Can anyone suggest what causes this?

Hi and thanks again for that listen too your Dave in Milton Keynes way back. Headfi quiet room. I have the Qutest off this experience now.

My isolation trans was pulsing and getting worse over time i tryed rubber Car panel and PC rubber noise blocker.

I even have a mains DC blocker..

Off another issue i bought a mains pass through reader, i was getting the max UK voltage of 251V in Birmingham.

I added the Power inspired pre Isolation trans as it outputs 230V Sine. This pulsing has gone. Moving to another part of the national  grid might have solved this for you.

Most trans seem to be 110 220 230v.

I dont know and want an answer if its core saturation, mag flux with higher voltages over 230v causing hum pulsation??? , not sure what others abroad have 240+V as well as UK.

Love to know what the cause is just to empower others... 

SR black suprised me just hate the cost.

Glad its fixed, wish i had the PH to play with.

Happy new year

Dave

• 11 months later...

Ah , my brain us getting old, thats where i got my DC blocker from, i suppose you could ask for assembly into a case than just a populated PCB , its on offer it seems.

Really nice guy and well made...the product that is..

@austinpop if you think that would help with such a large in rush current. ?

Thanks again Austinpops, another great year for the thread. Your work is very much appreciated as always.. et al..

Dave

• 1 year later...

Hi Paul being a Brit whats the reason for 230v. Here in Birmingham we can get well over 250v and as you know 240v is the standard.

Is it just an internal sales thing or due to transformer winding/design. Like you mentioned above reducing on the windings half to 115v.

Just a matter of curiosity from the electrically ignorant.

Thank you

Dave 😊

• 7 months later...