IGNORED

The Paul Hynes SR7

1 hour ago, beautiful music said:

@paulhynes It will be interesting to illustrate more information and price for above quotation.

Teflon and similar laminates are used for microwave boards, the added cost and complexity of PCB fabrication makes it a poor choice for low frequency circuits, added cost with no real added gain...

2 hours ago, auricgoldfinger said:

What brand of audiophile power supplies has @marce designed?  Has anyone ever listened to one?  Are any published reviews available?  I would love to read them.

@marce @mansr Why are you guys even on this thread?  You don't own an SR7 and have no plans to buy one.  You also have nothing of value to add to the discussion.

How many people have designed and consulted on all aspects of PCB’s for 35 years and are IPC CID+ qualified?

You don't listen to power supplies you listen to speakers...

3 hours ago, auricgoldfinger said:

A Teflon circuit board reduces dielectric absorption in the regulator circuitry and the Vishay Z Foil ultra precision bulk foil resistors reduce resistor noise and thermal drift to very low levels. 

Who has real life expertise, Paul Hynes or marce?

No argument over the resistors, where I have been for the last 5 weeks doing boards etc. they have the same issues with resistor drift etc. only on 35KV supplies for electron microscopes, but as I have said I would love to see some information on dielectric absorption on a PCB and its effect (if any) 50/60Hz PCB's. There's nothing wrong with using any dialectric you want, but you have to weigh up the costs against the benefits.

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2018 at 6:29 PM, paulhynes said:

instead of just making assumptions based on incomplete theoretical data.

Nope from real experience in the real world of electronics.

Again show some figure of the effects at low frequency, on a PCB it is only at microwave where the losses due to DA are a problem, at low frequencies the effect is so minute to be totally negligible. The DA effect will only be apparent if you have a capacitive structure, such as a track over a ground plane/ return path, so you can calculate the size of the parasitic capacitor and thus work out the losses due to DA, we do this for microwave boards where it is a problem, not low frequency power supply PCB's...

• 4 months later...
On 4/5/2019 at 5:54 PM, sima66 said:

Has anyone tried Alex LT3045's with the SR7?

Because of the failure of one of my 3A rails in my SR7,  for protection from another voltage spike, I added the LT3045's on the remaining two 3A rails, but I never compared the difference in sound!

I wonder if Lt3045 will improve or degrade the sound?!

Worrying...