IGNORED

The Paul Hynes SR7

48 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Looks like you could use a VR Mini then! Private joke between @mozes and me. ;)

Seriously though, check with @Superdad, I think there’re issues with perfect matching of output impedance (?) for the parallel solution to work.

That is correct, you can't run in parallel but you can in series with 2 LPS-1's.

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

51 minutes ago, ismewor said:

Is that really? The tx listed 2a max. I have mine on the dc-116 listed 3a and I can plug usb stick with Linux running on it.

The LPS-1 can only output 1.1A.  Same in a series.

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

10 minutes ago, jean-michel6 said:

You may also want to try the sotm SPS 500 . 

I have one in my system and also an LPS-1 

I have found this sps 500 to be extremely good , i heard the same differences between sps 500 and LPS-1 as you did between SR7 and LPS-1.  

I use those to power à tx USB exp card and dx USB hd interface. 

Others have found the LPS-1 better than the SPS 500.  Think Roy also commented on this.

1 minute ago, ismewor said:

On their site it said 7.5v/2.9a so I guess it drop to 1.1a when using on a 9v device?

You misread Uptone audio website.  Maybe your confusing their other power supply with the LPS-1?  It doesn't drop down.  1.1A is max. and the only voltage selections are 3.3V, 5V and 7V.

5 hours ago, Bricki said:

Any thoughts would be appreciated:D

Hate to sound like a broken record, but,

a sCLK-EX added will do far more than any power supply, component upgrade. 

1 hour ago, austinpop said:

I’m still puzzling over these latest results.

He's all over the place.  Read his upgraded line conditioner over on Steve Hoffman forum.  I think he's just swapping musicality for resolution.   Anyways it doesn't matter, because the components he is playing with, like the Zenith SE server at 7k are not anything I would consider because of cost.  Also Roy hasn't said anything about whether his sCLK-EX server has been beat yet with these other boutique components, not that it would matter.  He just likes to constantly tinker.  Which is good for me, I can cherry pick the ideas that are cost effective for the best SQ.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/review-comparison-of-5-high-end-digital-music-servers-aurender-n10-cad-cat-server-totaldac-d1-server-auralic-aries-audiophile-vortex-box.787020/page-69

1 hour ago, austinpop said:

There is much we don’t quite understand in this domain. Both of the following statements are true:

1. For a given PSU (of sufficiently high quality), improving the clock (lowering phase noise), improves SQ.

2. For a given clock (of sufficiently high quality), improving the PSU quality improves SQ.

I don't disagree with this.  Just when you add in biggest bang for the buck, my suggestion to the OP in question would be the sCLK-EX for their sms-200 and LPS-1.

4 minutes ago, Johnseye said:

Were you referring to me as the OP, or another poster's reply?  If me, I will no longer be using my sMS-200 in my primary listening system.  I will move it to my main PC on another floor where I can now enjoy better sounding music when listening to it in that room.

Sorry Johnseye, you are the original op.  No I was answering @Bricki.   But good to know your plans.  Can't wait to hear your impressions from the sCLK-EX server.9_9

1 hour ago, Bricki said:

I notice that you are using your 2Qute direct to speakers. I am using a mojo. I do recall rob watts saying that the mojo is also capable of directly powering efficient horn speakers, however my speakers are Yamaha B750's and their quoted sensitivity on the specs is 87db. I'm assuming that these are not sensitive enough?? Do you notice much distortion if you push the 2Qute to higher levels? 

My Omegas are rated for 98db @ 8ohms.  No, since the 2Qute doesn't have a volume control, I can only push that single op amp to it's fullest ability.  I get plenty of quality volume for nearfield, small room playback.  I'm looking forward to the 3Qute, hopefully it will have a digital volume control with an added amp section. 

Otherwise for now, I am very pleased with the 2Qute, excellent value DAC.