IGNORED

The Paul Hynes SR7

With PH power supply, 6-8 months is standard for an order.

DigitalDac: Chord DAVE, Amp: MC275 Mono, Preamp: FirstSound, Source: Esoteric K01X, Cable: TaraLab GME interconnect,
CASSOtM Trifecta Mod 75ohm MCI, TheLinearSolution TCXO Router

Analog: SME 20/2, SME V, Skala, Esoteric C03 Phono

12 hours ago, LTG2010 said:

Considering you are getting 3 supplies in one it costs less than 3 SPS500's with more amps to boot and top quality components.

Your math might be a little off, it cost about 5 SPS-500 not 3

DigitalDac: Chord DAVE, Amp: MC275 Mono, Preamp: FirstSound, Source: Esoteric K01X, Cable: TaraLab GME interconnect,

True, but those are the fees can’t be avoid. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, mozes said:

The tX sucks almost all the amps from the LPS-1, once you stick a USB flash in the tX, the LPS-1 shuts down.

Is that really? The tx listed 2a max. I have mine on the dc-116 listed 3a and I can plug usb stick with Linux running on it.

22 minutes ago, ElviaCaprice said:

The LPS-1 can only output 1.1A.  Same in a series.

On their site it said 7.5v/2.9a so I guess it drop to 1.1a when using on a 9v device?

35 minutes ago, ElviaCaprice said:

You misread Uptone audio website.  Maybe your confusing their other power supply with the LPS-1?  It doesn't drop down.  1.1A is max. and the only voltage selections are 3.3V, 5V and 7V.

They only have ultracap LPS-1 on their site. Only selection is 7.5v/2.9a

Thx for the  clarification . So the LPS1 is a ultra cap Power Bank filter by itself.

5 hours ago, LTG2010 said:

This is true, the sms200 ultra (with sclk ex) is warmer sounding than the basic sms 200, but there is still a hint of grain and harshness in the upper mid that does not go away when powered by the lps1.(with bright sounding front end) It's system matching the lps1 is superb  with the microrendu and other lower power componenents usb cards etc. Unless you mean the entire server is changed.

True, sms-200ultra is good. after that a good LPS still needed to close out the deal.

38 minutes ago, octaviars said:

Paul is offering his new SR4 now just made the payment for it today. 

"A new product introduction available November 2017 is the SR4 power supply. This is a scaled down version of the SR7 single rail supply with voltage selection switch covering the range 5v, 7v, 9v 12v with an output current rating of 2A continuous 20A transient. It uses the same components and energy storage capacitance as the SR7 and it is ideal for powering most of the digital interface equipment currently available like the microRendu, SOtM sMS200, etc."

Oh, I wish i know sooner, I just order the LPS from TheLineauSolution last week. Love their TCXO router great craftsmanship and quality. It is a 9v/12v selectable with 2.7A DR Output. Free Furutech FI-03 and Oyaide DC upgrade for intro period, I will than compare it with the SPS-500 from sotm. Since the price is similar. Sam said it will take about 3 weeks to build. and I'm sure will post what i found out. 

10 hours ago, octaviars said:

I talked to Paul many times last weekend and made the banktransfer last monday then I hear nothing from Paul

Not anything new, same Paul 4 years ago. 

And I love all his story. ;-) 

2 hours ago, austinpop said:

Agreed. It does not scale. I have heard only good things about the Synergistic Ground Block, but cheap it ain't!

Agree +1. Ground Block pricing is acceptable. but each of their lead that cost you.

• 3 weeks later...

Are you just happen to be the one off the grid have you tried to contact Paul ?

So with current status it should change to +240 days

Good to know people are getting tracking for the SR4 but i also feel bad those that are waiting for the SR7.

I just got my LPS-912 from thelinearsolution and i will try to compare it with the sotm-500

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, jelt2359 said:

If anything, that tells me that the SR4s and SR7s are being manufactured differently, ie assembled and tested by different people. The SR7s are all hand-built by Paul himself, but the SR4s are not.

Of course not, that is why he now got a "helper" or "admin" etc. Otherwise those SR4 will have to ship much delay. However, I still think that lack of response and not able to deliver with multiple delays is not the best way for business. but it may get by on audio business.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, auricgoldfinger said:

Frankly, telling people 20-30 business days is dishonest, if not fraudulent, when he knows the real wait time is more like 9 months.  It would take about 1 minute to update his specifications and pricing document with the actual build time.  He's always happy to keep taking new orders though. 

All we can do is hope he starts focusing on reducing his backlog.  Otherwise, the new orders will dry up as people realize the wait involved is not worth the uncertainty and risk.

+2

How would l know the SR4 order fall within the first batch or 2nd batch order?

Does he mention anything about shipping date for 2nd batch?

patiently waiting for a reply from Paul.