IGNORED

The Paul Hynes SR7

38 minutes ago, ismewor said:

On their site it said 7.5v/2.9a

Those sound like the specs for the Mean Well SMPS that Uptone supplies to energize the LPS-1.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

14 minutes ago, ismewor said:

They only have ultracap LPS-1 on their site. Only selection is 7.5v/2.9a

Yes OK I took a look at the website.  You need an energizing supply for the LPS-1.  One option is the 7.5V/2.9A Mean Well SMPS as I said.  The other option in that dropdown is to omit the Mean Well because you have an appropriate one already.

If you scroll down on the LPS-1 page you will find the information you need.  I'll reproduce a little of it here for your convenience.

Since many buyers--especially REGEN owners--already have an energizing supply of the right voltage/current (12V/1.5A, 9V/2A, or 7.5V/2.5A), the LPS-1 is also offered without the energizing supply and AC cable for a slight savings. 

As indicated above, the AC>DC charging supply must be in the range of 7.5V to 12V, it must be capable of the currents mentioned—even if the output load on the LPS-1 is going to be light—and it must be a regulated supply.  Just use the Mean Well that comes with the LPS-1 (or the one that came with your REGEN) and you will be happy.

Regardless of the attached energizing supply, the only available LPS-1 output settings are 3.3 volts, 5 volts, or 7 volts—and 1.1 amps is maximum continuous current available (short bursts between 1.1 and 1.2A are okay, but at 1.2A it turns off).

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

9 hours ago, octaviars said:

Anybody here that ordered a SR4?

On 11/15, Paul wrote me

I am just awaiting the new rear panels with XLR connector machining which should arrive later this week. Assuming they are accurate (usually are as my chassis manufacturer is good) I will be fitting the panels and packing and shipping the first SR4 batch from when they arrive.

That is the last I've heard.

8 minutes ago, limniscate said:

I hope he's not prioritizing SR4 orders over people who ordered a SR7.  I've been waiting for mine since the end of May.

I doubt SR4 orders have any effect on the SR7 backlog.  SR4 is just a stock item, it's not custom built.

15 minutes ago, octaviars said:

I got an answer from Paul today @rickca and my SR4 is produced in the first batch and will be built next week and shipped out the week after that.

Well, you're very fortunate.  I haven't gotten any news from Paul, so maybe I missed the first batch.  I didn't pay until 11/14.

2 minutes ago, austinpop said:

You'll get it when it's ready.

Yeah, that's why I'm not sending Paul any follow-up enquiries.  I'll just wait for a shipping notice.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2017 at 11:41 AM, austinpop said:

The SR4 power supplies for the November batch have already been constructed by my helper, and the lack of rear panels is holding up progress. Once they arrive I can have them fitted to the power supplies and they can then be tested and then shipped out.

I will let you know when the panels arrive.

Does anyone have a more recent status update re SR4 production?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, octaviars said:

The first SR4 have been tested and are ready to ship in the begining of next week if the storm have passed the Isle were Paul lives.

So if we the first buyers are lucky it will arrive in the next week.

OK thanks I just sent Paul a note yesterday re SR4 status.  I have no idea whether my order is included in the first batch.  

51 minutes ago, limniscate said:

This is frustrating to see as someone who ordered a SR7 back at the end of May and still hasn't received it.

Paul told me his assistant builds the SR4 so other than supervision I don't think they took much of his time away from his custom builds.  Of course, I understand your frustration with waiting so long for your SR7.  Is Paul just backlogged, or is there something specific holding up your order?

Just now, limniscate said:

I think that's the norm.  I know someone who waited about 8 months for their first PSU.

So Paul needs to update his document.  It says the build schedule lead time from order placement to shipping is currently estimated at approximately ... 50 to 60 working days for SR5 and SR7.    Of course, who knows when that statement was written.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, str-1 said:

Has anyone who received tracking info for their SR4 last week received their unit yet?

Mine is supposed to be delivered tomorrow.  It managed to get to Philadelphia so far.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone with a good position on the SR7 queue recently received their power supply or gotten an update from Paul re delivery?  I just want to get a sense of whether he is working through his backlog.  I also wonder how many units are in the backlog.

OK yeah I bought an SR4 as well and had a good experience.  I am asking specifically about the SR7.  The SR4 is different because it is not a custom built product.

2 hours ago, paulhynes said:

The rescheduled list for custom build began with week one starting on 22nd of January 2018. This rescheduled list contained 29 custom build orders.

Orders 1 and 2 are completed. Order 3 goes into soak test on Monday and I begin the build work on order 4. So far I am on track.

Thank you, Paul.  So if you continue to manage one custom build per week, you have a 6 month backlog.  Of course, unanticipated things happen to us all.  It's the communications that are key to realistic expectations.

21 minutes ago, Emcee said:

My SR4 has some voltage and connection mods but I understand the SR7 is completely bespoke.

That's interesting, I thought Paul said it was just a stock item.  What is the nature of your mods?

2 minutes ago, str-1 said:

I’m not sure I remember this correctly but I thought Paul mentioned somewhere that he was taking no more custom/SR7 orders until he had cleared the backlog.  So it could be just a temporary thing.

Here is what I got directly from Paul when I inquired about placing a new SR7 order:

I am sorry to have to disappoint you but I have closed the Custom Build service to new orders.  

Whilst I have committed personally to ensuring all the outstanding Custom Build orders are completed, I have no interest in continuing with Custom Build once the backlog is cleared.

Seems like there's an opportunity for a US manufacturer here.  The exchange rate is making it really expensive for US buyers to go to guys like Sean Jacobs of CHC in the UK.

1 minute ago, mozes said:

Does the US have talented PSU builders like PH or Sean Jacobs in the ???

Don't you think John Swenson could do it?  I think the only question is whether he and Alex want to do it.

Just now, mozes said:

I think it is not John’s priority.

You're probably right.  I think John has many more creative ideas that will result in products of higher value for us.

12 minutes ago, jelt2359 said:

As one of the happy 29, I must admit I knew for a while that Paul was planning to wind down the custom business.

I guess this means you will now have a collector's item that you get to enjoy.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK but I've never known PH to offer things that just increase the price without making a significant difference.  

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, auricgoldfinger said:

I wonder if @paulhynes is operational again after the move.

I just got a note from Paul yesterday.  He is installing equipment for his new production line and office.  He is waiting for installation of a solder fume extraction system required by health and safety regulations.  He is getting close to resuming work in the new facility.

• 3 months later...

President Trump has a word he uses to describe these conditions.  It caused an international diplomatic incident when he used it to describe some countries.  

I imagine you're really pissed off.