IGNORED

MicroRendu/Audirvana Plus configuration question

4 hours ago, Parkhopper said:

So, i have been running my audio system off of a 10 yer old PC running XP until now.  The only things on this computer are JRiver and Chrome to run Tidal.  I know it's a security risk, but since the only time I ever access the outside world is through the Tidal website, which is my home page, I figured the risk was minimal.  Yesterday a notification came up saying that  Chrome will no longer receive updates, nor will flash.  I think my time with this cheap solution may have come to an end.

We just recently bought a house, so I was not planning on spending money on audio upgrades for a while, but it seems as though it may be necessary.  I've considered all of the available options and I've come up withe the least expensive, option that has the most long term upgrade potential.  I currently have an iMac in another room that accesses the network by wifi only (the house is not wired for ethernet) that will be running Audirvana Plus 3.1, controlled by the iPhone app.  I planned to purchase a refurbished MicroRendu and and iFi power supply that will plug into the router which is near the audio system.

With this setup though, I have a few questions that I'm having a hard time finding the answer to.  I'm sure the answers are there somewhere, but I just haven't found it.

1. Has anyone had any experience with the refurbished MicroRendus?  Anything i should be concerned about?

2. Should I expect any problems with the server being on a wifi connected computer as opposed to via ethernet? I don't have a good alternative right now.

3. I understand that the Audirvana iPhone app can be set to wake the iMac, but what if the iMac is locked (as it usually is).  Will that matter?  If so, do I have to get up and unlock the computer every time i want to do anything?  That would be a bit of a deal breaker.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jason

Concerning 2, I frequently connect with my server (for my microRendu) by wireless, as opposed to high quality ethernet.  I have  excellent internet performance throughout my house.  I tend to plug into the ethernet just because it seems like it *should* be better.  But honestly the difference, if any, is miniscule.

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's