sockpit

micro/ultraRendu - support thread

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, bunno77 said:

Nope can't get any to work. Yep pressing save

Update the unit and reboot. Then uninstall the application and re-install the application. 

I have recently noticed Roon has become slower. The Roon forum has a number of users complaining and they are trying to sort this out. The only change in my system is the upgrade to the optical Signature rendu SE. any chance this could affect how fast Roon works? Internet speed is fast and using sonictransporter i7 for Roon core. 

22 minutes ago, lxgreen said:

I have recently noticed Roon has become slower. The Roon forum has a number of users complaining and they are trying to sort this out. The only change in my system is the upgrade to the optical Signature rendu SE. any chance this could affect how fast Roon works? Internet speed is fast and using sonictransporter i7 for Roon core. 

Slower in what sense?  I am using ROON with the Signature Rendu SE (optical) and have not noticed anything "slower".

ROON: DSD 256-Signature Rendu optical--Buffalo PRO (ESS 9038) or DSC-2--Ncore 400 Stereo-Focus Audio FS888-JL E-112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, Nordost Frey XLR & speaker, DIY AC cables-Synergistic Blue & Hi Fi Tuning Supreme Cu Fuses, Dark Matter system clarifiers.    Design/Build Consultant with Sonore

SONORE computer audio

3 hours ago, barrows said:

Slower in what sense?  I am using ROON with the Signature Rendu SE (optical) and have not noticed anything "slower".

There are multiple reports of very slow or hanging searches. 

Main listening (small home office):

Surge protector +_iFi  AC iPurifiers >Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Conditioning+Isolation>CAPS IV Pipeline Server + Sonore 12V PS >SOtM Lan Isolator>Bricasti M5 Network Player >Kii Control>Kii Three >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Listening: CAPS Pipeline>IFi iOne DAC>Schiit Freya>Kii Three . Also 2 SBT and an SB Boom. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

How can a Rendu or any other RoonReady device make for slow server side searches...it can’t. I have options to test all kinds of stuff here, but I can’t really speak for how fast or slow it is. 

1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

How can a Rendu or any other RoonReady device make for slow server side searches...it can’t. I have options to test all kinds of stuff here, but I can’t really speak for how fast or slow it is. 

Oh, I wasn’t implying it did/does. 
Roon themselves say at least part of the problem is sever issues on their end. Totally guessing, I’d say they will find some additional internal Roon software issue that’s causing the problems. 

Main listening (small home office):

Surge protector +_iFi  AC iPurifiers >Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Conditioning+Isolation>CAPS IV Pipeline Server + Sonore 12V PS >SOtM Lan Isolator>Bricasti M5 Network Player >Kii Control>Kii Three >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Listening: CAPS Pipeline>IFi iOne DAC>Schiit Freya>Kii Three . Also 2 SBT and an SB Boom. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

4 minutes ago, firedog said:

Oh, I wasn’t implying it did/does. 
Roon themselves say at least part of the problem is sever issues on their end. Totally guessing, I’d say they will find some additional internal Roon software issue that’s causing the problems. 

No worries..

For several years now I have been fighting a consistent issue of my mRendu not recognizing my DAC (TPA Buffalo IIIse w/ I2overUSB board). Once the connection is eventually made everything is good and works for months. However, if the connection is broken like yesterday when the power to house went out, trying to regain the connection can take hours.

I usually try different combinations to resolve the issue - power cycle DAC, reboot mRendu, power cycle mRendu, unplug USB cable, etc. - but it is VERY frustrating.

I can see that the mRendu is up & running using the browser interface but when I go the settings, my DAC does not show. When I start up HQP, I get the error that the mRendu is not found as expected. So there seems to be some issue between the mRendu and my DAC.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I have seriously considered getting one of the new opticalRendu but given it runs the same software, I can't see spend more $$ for the level of frustration.

Eric

Custom Linux server (Ubuntu Studio - Roon - HQ Player) > Sonore microRendu (HQP NAA) >

Buffalo-IIIsePro-28 > Hypex NC400 > Klipsch Forte III

21 hours ago, ericuco said:

For several years now I have been fighting a consistent issue of my mRendu not recognizing my DAC (TPA Buffalo IIIse w/ I2overUSB board). Once the connection is eventually made everything is good and works for months. However, if the connection is broken like yesterday when the power to house went out, trying to regain the connection can take hours.

I usually try different combinations to resolve the issue - power cycle DAC, reboot mRendu, power cycle mRendu, unplug USB cable, etc. - but it is VERY frustrating.

I can see that the mRendu is up & running using the browser interface but when I go the settings, my DAC does not show. When I start up HQP, I get the error that the mRendu is not found as expected. So there seems to be some issue between the mRendu and my DAC.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I have seriously considered getting one of the new opticalRendu but given it runs the same software, I can't see spend more $$ for the level of frustration.

What version of SonicOrbiter are you using?