Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
daverich4

Michael Lavorgna strikes back.......

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, 4est said:

Do you really need to debate this or they prove it?

 

Ha, ha, ha ... If I have to prove my gender there could be two ways:

 

- By DNA test, but very expensive!

- For a graphic test, but could end up being pornographic and would be expelled from the forum because of Michael Lavorgna!

 

Spelling in English might not be so hard for me (thanks Google Translator), but Google grammar (and composition) is the worst thing I've ever seen.

 

Now I just wonder if insanity has gender? :D

 

Best,

 

Roch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, elcorso said:

...

Spelling in English might not be so hard for me (thanks Google Translator), but Google grammar (and composition) is the worst thing I've ever seen.

 

Now I just wonder if insanity has gender? :D

...

 

Sadly, insanity has no gender (in that it affects both male and female alike.)

I agree on Google's performance.

As closure, my questioning of Alex's assumptions was not related to your gender. It was to illustrate the way we make assumptions based on our own preconceptions and biases. 


"People hear what they see." - Doris Day

The forum would be a much better place if everyone were less convinced of how right they were.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, wgscott said:

When I read it, I assumed it was correct, and chastised myself a little bit for having not paid closer attention and for previously assuming by default he was in a heterosexual relationship when he made amusing comments.

 

I take what he wrote at face value, and would be afraid to assume he made a mistake.  I have no idea which is true, but maybe you do.  I find making assumptions about people leads to all kinds of problems.

 

Roch  is a good online friend of mine, and a typical D.O.M. who loves women , especially the more curvaceous women from Costa Rica and South America.


"If you can't hear the difference between an original CD and a copy of your CD,

you might as well give up your career as a tester. The difference between a reconstituted FLAC and full size WAV is much less than that, but it does exist. - Cookie Marenco"

 

PROFILE UPDATED 18-06-2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

What I was trying to object to, with the audiophile Taliban reference, is the refrain we seem to hear fairly often that someone should be banned from the forum, simply because their audiophile status is insufficiently zealous and pure. I was equating it to their religious police ideology.

 

Nobody should be banned from this forum for having vastly different viewpoints, as long as they are civil to each other.

 Chris really had no choice but to ban Michael for his abuse of the PM system.

Provocation is not a good enough excuse to justify what to most members was completely unacceptable language.

If he had simply told him to get F....d that would have probably been a different matter.


"If you can't hear the difference between an original CD and a copy of your CD,

you might as well give up your career as a tester. The difference between a reconstituted FLAC and full size WAV is much less than that, but it does exist. - Cookie Marenco"

 

PROFILE UPDATED 18-06-2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sandyk said:

Roch  is a good online friend of mine, and a typical D.O.M. who loves women , especially the more curvaceous women from Costa Rica and South America.

 

W.T.F. is D.O.M?


--

Do facts matter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wgscott said:

W.T.F. is D.O.M?

 

Dirty Old Man .


"If you can't hear the difference between an original CD and a copy of your CD,

you might as well give up your career as a tester. The difference between a reconstituted FLAC and full size WAV is much less than that, but it does exist. - Cookie Marenco"

 

PROFILE UPDATED 18-06-2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe you could translate that into English when you are feeling a bit less intoxicated.

 

Meanwhile, I wil put you back on my ignore list, and hope you will do me the same courtesy.

 

Best wishes, and most of all, stay Happy!

 

 


--

Do facts matter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, wgscott said:

Maybe you could translate that into English when you are feeling a bit less intoxicated.

 

Meanwhile, I wil put you back on my ignore list, and hope you will do me the same courtesy.

 

Best wishes!

 

 

You use the ignore list like a Paris Hilton......

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, petaluma said:

Wow I have been away for awhile and just started looking at posts. It seems to me if Mr. Lavorgna runs a competing website he showed up here for a short period of time and got you guys attacking each other like rabid dogs. I'd argue mission accomplished....Color me a conspiracy theorist...

 

I came to the exact same conclusion. (Soft minds run together.)

 

If you need to escape the smoke, you are always welcome to come visit (although it is quite smokey here).  Hope you and yours are ok!


--

Do facts matter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, petaluma said:

Wow I have been away for awhile and just started looking at posts. It seems to me if Mr. Lavorgna runs a competing website he showed up here for a short period of time and got you guys attacking each other like rabid dogs. I'd argue mission accomplished....Color me a conspiracy theorist...

 

 

True, he brought out the wild dogs.....really don't get it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, wgscott said:

 

I came to the exact same conclusion. (Soft minds run together.)

 

If you need to escape the smoke, you are always welcome to come visit (although it is quite smokey here).  Hope you and yours are ok!

Hey Bill good to hear from you. And thanks for the good wishes and offer. We are doing OK up here except for the incredibly bad air quality. Petaluma luckily has turned out to be the evacuation center of choice based on the fact we have not been hit by the fires. I grew up in LA and the annual ash fall from the hills burning was routine, this is something else.....I saw the other post on Lavorgna had some discussion on bicycles involved. That's always a good trend!


"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place". George Bernard Shaw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rexp said:

I used to be an unhappy audiophile until I binned my CD player and started buying records and tapes again.

 

I can understand vinyl....but tapes offer nothing. At least not unless you have access to 2" tape and a 2" machine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, petaluma said:

Hey Bill good to hear from you. And thanks for the good wishes and offer. We are doing OK up here except for the incredibly bad air quality. Petaluma luckily has turned out to be the evacuation center of choice based on the fact we have not been hit by the fires. I grew up in LA and the annual ash fall from the hills burning was routine, this is something else.....I saw the other post on Lavorgna had some discussion on bicycles involved. That's always a good trend!

 

Yeah, sometimes it can be a good reality check while we argue endlessly about our multi-thousand dollar toys.

 

920x1240.jpg


--

Do facts matter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Speed Racer said:

I can understand vinyl....but tapes offer nothing. At least not unless you have access to 2" tape and a 2" machine. 

And calibration tapes and enough time, skill, and patience to make use of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...