IGNORED

Michael Lavorgna strikes back.......

9 minutes ago, plissken said:

"If someone came to my place of business and called me a liar, shill, delusional, a hack (I guess in my case a “quack”), and a coward they had better be prepared to deal with the consequences, especially the last, as they would soon realize that it wasn’t the case (and they wouldn’t be able to rely on anonymity)."

We aren't at your place of business. 

Hey, I missed that little gem.  Bill Brown must know a lot of karate, or watch a lot of westerns, or something...;)

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

I believe "psychophant" was your spelling, I failed to place "(sic)" as I did with the misuse of "their."

I have inconsistent internet, hence wrote my note separately (can't stream music, obviously).  I also only post (anywhere) every few years, so not super-technically efficient in that regard.

Not sure what a sock puppet is or how I would become one.  I always register with my real name (well, it is actually William, but I go by Bill ever since I asked my family not to call me "Billy").

The "place of business" comment is interesting (and anticipated).  It isn't clear to me, but I suspect AS is ML's place of business, and this is CC's place of business.  And if they are on the internet....well, I don't know, isn't fully clear in my mind.

I never ascribed any nobility to ML, I referred to a different era; it seems that should be obvious.

I am from Texas, and enjoy some westerns, but I wouldn't describe myself as a fan.

I also don't know any karate, though, in my experience it hasn't really been necessary.

I had lunch with a psychiatrist colleague (I am not a psychiatrist) and discussed my rare foray out from lurker status.  She commented:

"Wonder if they will ‘Get it’?  (Self-involved, socially isolated, and developmentally stunted respondents). 

I continue to be amazed at the lack of self-knowledge and narcissism that is evident in internet posts and comments."

Maybe applies to a lot of us.  I know this morning when Audirvana shuffled to Coltrane's "Song Of The Underground Railroad" all of this seemed a bit insignificant.

Bill

Labels assigned by CA members: "Cogley's ML sock-puppet," "weaponizer of psychology," "ethically-challenged," "professionally dubious," "machismo," "lover of old westerns," "shill," "expert on ducks and imposters," "Janitor in Chief," "expert in Karate," "ML fanboi or employee," "Alabama Trump supporter with an NRA decal on the windshield of his car," sycophant

5 minutes ago, Bill Brown said:

I had lunch with a psychiatrist colleague (I am not a psychiatrist) and discussed my rare foray out from lurker status.  She commented:

"Wonder if they will ‘Get it’?  (Self-involved, socially isolated, and developmentally stunted respondents). 

I continue to be amazed at the lack of self-knowledge and narcissism that is evident in internet posts and comments."

Maybe applies to a lot of us.  I know this morning when Audirvana shuffled to Coltrane's "Song Of The Underground Railroad" all of this seemed a bit insignificant.

Bill

Probably does apply to many of us as we are in an individualistic Cartesian age.  Most of my neighbors (whom I don't even know their first names) are this way not because of "the internet", but rather they sit in front of their TV's for their "stunted" development time. ;) Welcome to Western Civilization, or what's left of it.

Now, your friend is in fact a kind of high priestess as to what is "healthy" or not in this psychologized culture but even the "developmentally stunted" suspect that she does not have all the answers and those that she does, well they often come from the same "stunted" world she attributes to others.  

In any case, you should talk with audiophile neuroscience - he will explain to you that your just complaining about the human condition and that you just have to carry on if you want to learn anything about audio...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

36 minutes ago, Bill Brown said:

I know this morning when Audirvana shuffled to Coltrane's "Song Of The Underground Railroad" all of this seemed a bit insignificant.

Bill

I've found the "ignored users" feature of this forum to be a godsend. My enjoyment thereof is greatly enhanced by it. Highly recommended!

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

Just imagine what you friend would have to say about people that lived before the internet or television or portable phones or even rapid transportation.  Textbook social isolation is sitting at home alone with absolutely no contact with the outside world and only the walls to talk to.  She should be accounting for a population overstimulated and expert firstmost in themselves. 

Maybe she was treating you, and not the greater subject of comments on the internet overwhelmingly falling short of reasoned logical and polite discourse befitting sensitive adults trading on their own good name.  Much less expressing empathy.

21 hours ago, Allan F said:

Much easier to simply use "we". I can't imagine anyone writing, "something that us can agree on". :)

Touche! I hope Plissken wasn't offended by my correcting his grammar. If I made an error like that, I would certainly appreciate being told about it. Once years ago, I used the word irregardless in a sentence during a discussion. The person I was speaking with stopped me and told me that irregardless was an illiteracy because it's a double negative meaning without-without regard! I was embarrassed sure, but I never used the word again (well, not until just now, anyway :)).

George

5 minutes ago, Speed Racer said:

You mean:

Once, years ago, I used the word "irregardless" in a sentence during a discussion.

If we are correcting grammar and whatnot, maybe we should correct punctuation as well.

Sure. We all make grammatical errors from time to time. After all, this is the Internet. Some are just more egregious than others.

George

:)

5 hours ago, crenca said:

Hey, I just found this thread!  I was going to goad Audiophile Neuromancer with a popcorn reference, but Chris's speech had me thinking perhaps I am a better person that that...

NAH!  Hey Neuro, where are you? :)

Chris's speech had me thinking perhaps I am a better person that that...

perhaps you just misunderstood him 9_9

Sound Minds Mind Sound

2 hours ago, gmgraves said:

Touche! I hope Plissken wasn't offended by my correcting his grammar. If I made an error like that, I would certainly appreciate being told about it. Once years ago, I used the word irregardless in a sentence during a discussion. The person I was speaking with stopped me and told me that irregardless was an illiteracy because it's a double negative meaning without-without regard! I was embarrassed sure, but I never used the word again (well, not until just now, anyway :)).

It's so rare that I'm incorrect that when something like that comes along I just shrug it off.

4 hours ago, crenca said:

In any case, you should talk with audiophile neuroscience - he will explain to you that your just complaining about the human condition and that you just have to carry on if you want to learn anything about audio...

I think Jabbr (?) pointed out to you, your strong suit is not analytical thinking or reasoning ( I think he said)

Sound Minds Mind Sound