IGNORED

Audirvana 3 Bug & Issue Reports

Nico

A+3.2.3 Artwork: If there is no artwork embedded in AIFF-File and if the file is tagged as a compilation, then A+ shows wrong artwork out of compilation folder.

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

5 minutes ago, Dandaman said:

@damien78  I am still being plagued by crashes about 3-4 minutes into a song.  I thought reverting to version 3.1.8 had things back to normal, but I was wrong.  I'm running under Mac OS 10.11.6.  Can you tell me if you can find something in this crash report?

2nd crash report for A+.rtf

Whoops.  This was version 3.2.3 again...  forgot to update my alias.

still have a bug that wasn't resolved with 3.2.5, at least for me.  When trying to enter filter steepness value in the izotope upsampling section, curser gets stuck.  This only happens if I try and type in a value.  If I use the slider, I can still get the value I want, but typing causes "cursor lock".

I gave up and reverted to 3.1.8.  Started having issues with 3.2.5 where the track would load data for about 1 min, then stop.  Couldn't get through a whole track without pauses.  Not a CPU issue as this even happened without any upsampling invoked. 

@damien78 I'm getting intermittent clicks and pops with A+3.2.4 and .5. This is on my ancient 2009 Mac Mini running El Capitan (10.11.6). Using CoreAudio in Exclusive mode, no upsampling. Large CoreAudio buffer and 1.6GB memory buffer. Audio Engine D1 for my DAC through USB.

A+ is using <1% of CPU when playing. I don't have this problem with my other machines running High Sierra through different interfaces. I'm not running anything else on this computer and not using SysOptimizer.

I'm getting a problem with Izotope sample rate conversion after upgrade OSX High Sierra 10.13.3 around last week my A+ was 3.2.5. After playing my music with Izotope, the music is not start and show error "Stopping audio device". However, I can play my music with SoX resampling without any problem. 

My system is a Mac Mini i5 2014 and  a Schiit Modi Multibit DAC.

12 hours ago, Anutin said:

I'm getting a problem with Izotope sample rate conversion after upgrade OSX High Sierra 10.13.3 around last week my A+ was 3.2.5. After playing my music with Izotope, the music is not start and show error "Stopping audio device". However, I can play my music with SoX resampling without any problem. 

My system is a Mac Mini i5 2014 and  a Schiit Modi Multibit DAC.

There was a security update in 10.13.3 (& apparently in standalone form for Sierra & El Capitan that made some changes with audio:

macOS High Sierra 10.13.3, Security Update 2018-001 Sierra, and Security Update 2018-001 El Capitan

Released January 23, 2018

Audio

Available for: macOS High Sierra 10.13.2, macOS Sierra 10.12.6

Impact: Processing a maliciously crafted audio file may lead to arbitrary code execution

Description: A memory corruption issue was addressed through improved input validation.

CVE-2018-4094: Mingi Cho, MinSik Shin, Seoyoung Kim, Yeongho Lee and Taekyoung Kwon of the Information Security Lab, Yonsei University

I wonder if this led to A+ issues.  I did not update my mac dedicated to music for this reason.

I am seeing duplicates of tracks on some albums.  Seems random - not entire album, just first 10 tracks or so.  Shows up in both display and on remote display so seems to be something in the DB.  Checked actual files and the tracks are NOT duplicated.  Running Audirvana 3.2.5 (3136) on Mac Mini mid-2011 running Sierra 10.12.6.  Do I need to rebuild the database, and if so, how to do it?  Thanks for any help.

You can always start by checking the 3 options in A+ menu:

File... Library... Optimize Database, do the 3 steps there. If still there:

Trash your library in prefs panel of A+ with minus sign, close A+.
After minus sign deletion, go in your A+ database folder and delete it just to be sure more...

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System...
When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there,
 just do a ''cmd J'' to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom...
click Show Library Folder and then you'll have access to the rest forever.

Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Applications Support... Audirvana Folder...
Trash All the files in that folder (that is your database of music, back it up! or not)

Restart mac, Restart A+ and add your library again, and see :)

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Sorry for your playlists, but whenever you have one set, go to A+ menu... File... Export playlist, then save it somewhere on your playlists folder on mac, then if a bug occured again, you go to File menu again and import playlists... import can be done with all playlists at same time with the capital key. Export is one at a time till now ?

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

8 minutes ago, Dandaman said:

I don't understand how to select all playlists.  The shift key made no difference for me.  ?

Export is one at a time, import is ok for me. When clicked import window open to select whrre is the playlists... click the first in the folder then the last with shift key

when they are all selected or the ones you want, you can even click with ''cmd key'' uncheck the ones you don't want in that list of selected...

Snapz002.jpg

5 minutes ago, Dandaman said:

for a minute there, I didn't realize I was looking at your Finder.  Did you save each individual playlist to the finder one at a time?   I thought you were saying you did all at once from A+.

Yes the bad thing is Export to finder or anywhere else is one at the time...

maybe will be different in new A+ coming but now, one at the time export,

but import is good the select many as you want... you can even do a cmd z if you didn't import the good ones :)

1 minute ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Yes the bad thing is Export to finder or anywhere else is one at the time...

maybe will be different in new A+ coming but now, one at the time export,

but import is good the select many as you want... you can even do a cmd z if you didn't import the good ones :)

In that case, I'll probably just wait to see if export all playlists at once is added as a new feature.  Thanks.