IGNORED

Audirvana 3 Bug & Issue Reports

Nico

Thought it might be easier for the developer of A+ to have the bug reports in a single thread. Hope that this will help to improve this nice audioplayer.

3.1.5 Structured Filter Browser: First letter shortcut within filters are no more activ. User has to scroll down the lists, which is a ardous path. Almost every database uses this feature (BTW: feature was present in 2.5.4).

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

3.1.5 Playlist Import: A+ refuses to import multiple tracks in m3u8 playlists, just one track gets listed. (mulitple tracks = identical track in playlist more than once - was possible in 2.5.4)

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

3.1.5 Audio Units: Some AUs don't work in realtime mode with Firewire (OSX 10.9.5). E. G. Goodhertz GoodDither3, iZotope Ozone6.

4 hours ago, jimdukey said:

I'm getting low-level crunchy distortion that never happened on earlier version.

All settings are what they've always been.

Use Mytek 24/192/DSD Dac.

Same here with Mytek 24/192 DSD DAC connected with Firewire: Rare distortions and clicks when sample rate changes. Never happend in earlier versions of A+.

For some reason after the Audirvana starts it screws up the indexing-process of my iMac which means I cannot start my apps with Spotlight again etc.. After a reset via Terminal 'sudo mdutil -i on /'  the indexing-process is enabled again. Very annoying...

Might be a bug ?!

3.1.5 PlayQueue: All multiple tracks show up with bold letters, not just the one who is playing. If you delete one who is playing then an other one of the multiple tracks overtakes the playing. That's not a logical sequence!

Multiple Tracks Bold.jpg

On 10/10/2017 at 12:20 AM, Andrey said:

Damien, periodically instead of launching Audirvana, this window comes out.
What is it?

Audirvana 3.1.5

Mac OS High Sierra

Снимок экрана 2017-10-10 в 1.13.22.png

The same for me, on High Sierra second update and it occurs on A+ 3.1.6 too

sometimes it start with the wrong library and all the parameters in preference panel are back to initial settings 

Stefano

My audio system

On 23/10/2017 at 10:25 PM, Nico said:

3.1.5 PlayQueue: All multiple tracks show up with bold letters, not just the one who is playing. If you delete one who is playing then an other one of the multiple tracks overtakes the playing. That's not a logical sequence!

Multiple Tracks Bold.jpg

On 11/10/2017 at 4:17 PM, Nico said:

3.1.5 Metadata Editor: Error message when Track Nr. empty but Track out of not empty.

TrackNr..jpg

Discard.jpg

Fixed these two in just released 3.1.7. Thanks for the reports

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

On 28.10.2017 at 3:18 PM, damien78 said:

Fixed these two in just released 3.1.7. Thanks for the reports

@Damien: The multiple track bug is not fixed completely. If a multiple track, the one who is playing, is deleted, then another one of the multiple tracks overtakes the playing. And this one can be far away from the first in the playqueue. The sequence is no longer correct.

3.1.7 Playqueue & Playlists: Cmd L for "Scroll to playing track" does not work for the first track in list.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30.10.2017 at 7:06 PM, Nico said:

@Damien: The multiple track bug is not fixed completely. If a multiple track, the one who is playing, is deleted, then another one of the multiple tracks overtakes the playing. And this one can be far away from the first in the playqueue. The sequence is no longer correct.

Fixed in 3.1.8, thanks Damien.

• 3 weeks later...

3.1.8: After update to OS 10.13.2 the Audio Units refuse to continue working. (??)

In contrast with other hosts where they still work.

Last few days I made the on field MQA upgrade of my Berkeley Reference 2 DAC.

Using Audirvana Plus3 on my Mac Mini, as my usual Player for Tidal Master, I experienced a problem: the DAC doesn’t display MQA, and it shows always the 96Khz freq. on its display.
I thoght something had gone wrong in the update process, but, following the advice of Michael Ritter, I tried to play MQA files from Tidal using another Player.
In this way my Berkeley Reference 2 shows always the MQA letters on its display, and shows always the correct Frequency of native MQA (96 If it is 96, 48 If it is 48, 192 If it is originally 192...).
Since the sound of Audirvana is, in my opinion, far better than the other Player, I ask you to consider this issue and to resoove it, If it is possible.
On 7.12.2017 at 8:45 PM, Nico said:

3.1.8: After update to OS 10.13.2 the Audio Units refuse to continue working. (??)

In contrast with other hosts where they still work.

After a new installation from scratch of A+3.18 -> the Audio Units work again. (I can't count how many times I did this tedious work since A+1.5, for different reasons.)

6 minutes ago, jimdukey said:

I messed with the Advanced Parameters, and can't remember the Default Settings.

Duh.

How to re-set them?

TIA!

Just slide back the quality slider and put it back to best

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

3 minutes ago, jimdukey said:

It's already on Best.

Here's Screen Shot.

TIA again!

Screen Shot 2017-12-09 at 11.08.35 AM.png

move it to fastest and back to best...

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13