IGNORED

Tagging DFF Files Split From ISO Using ISO2DSD

Hi

I have recently been splitting many ISO files into their constituent DFF files using Sonore's ISO2DSD app as my streamer, an Auralic Aries only plays DFF files.

Most of the resultant files are tagged with artist, album and track metadata. However, some are not. As a result, the tracks  do not show up at all.

Is there a way to tag them?

Unfortunately, I deleted the original ISO rip files to free up space on my hard drive.

Thanks

Are you sure they are DFF files? Normally DFF files aren't tagged, but DSFs are... I believe Sonore's app can create DSF.

When you say "tagged", do you mean the actual internal tags, or just metadata in the filename (people sometimes confuse the two)?

If you have untagged DSFs there are a number of apps that can tag them. My app does this: https://www.blisshq.com/music-library-management-blog/2016/10/05/tagging-untagged-dsf/ but others are available: http://help.nativedsd.com/handling-and-playing-dsd-files/metadata-tag-management/editing-changing-and-manipulating-metadata-tags

bliss - fully automated music organizer. Read the music library management blog.

• 2 years later...

Yes they must be DSFs.  Yate is what I use on Mac - it's fantastic.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2017 at 12:50 PM, mikey8811 said:

Is there a way to tag them?

Unfortunately, I deleted the original ISO rip files to free up space on my hard drive.

Instead of wrestling with DFF, I suggest converting them to DSF.  There are several programs that will do that.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

Thanks for commenting.

That was a much earlier query when I first split to DFF as the file sizes were smaller.

I have since switched to DSF files for the metadata preservation.

Is Yate a free software?

I use mp3tag but have upgraded to Catalina. I don't think mp3tag works on that.