22 minutes ago, patagent said:

If you want to use optical inputs, you might want to consider Google Chromecast Audio. They’ve stopped making these but you can still purchase them eBay. 

I'd recommend keeping a safe distance from CC. The sound quality is absolutely rubbish. 

Further, optical usually produced high jitter levels, which in turn kill the SQ. Go coax if possible.

[ AERIS G2 ] => [ MC3+USB x 3 <- -REF10 ] => [ Genelec 8341 x 2 + 7360 x 2 ]

[ Switchable to  [ Genelec 8331 x 2 + 7350 ]

Use RCA-RCA (Attention: you need a digital RCA cabel) ! ... oups doesn't work, see my post below !!!

Why do you say the inputs doesnˋt match? 

It makes no sense to convert to Toslink ... and it costs a lot of money for nothing...

Thanks for responding ,

I’m in a Apple ecosystem. So I want to use the best setup for that. So I was told Apple AirPlay would be the best way to extract audio from my Apple TV. So I purchased airport express to send an optical signal to my LS50w. It works for the most part. I just stumbled on the Digione thinking it may offer a cleaner audio signal versus the airport express. 

@LowMidHigh

the toslink jitter had me thinking for a better signal. I considered getting a IFI SPDIF to help with jitter. 

@TomWoB

as far as the inputs not matching. I was meaning a direct connection. The LS50w doesn’t have a digital coaxial input, only toslink. I figured a $20-30 converter would work. Just wasn’t sure about the converter killing audio quality. I’m not  familiar with BNC connection. I guessing it would be BNC to RCA ? 

Thanks for repsonding guys. 

Ah .... I just saw, the RCAs on the LS50w are "analog inputs", so you can't connect these RCAs with the digital RCA output of the DigiOne !

If you really want to use Toslink, use a HAT for the Raspberry Pi which has Toslink build-in, like: HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro 

DigiOne using with an optical connection makes absolute no sense, because with "a $20-30 converter" you will  lose the very high sound quality of a DigiOne anyway, so the HiFiBerry matches much better (and cheaper).

3 minutes ago, Amgclk65 said:

@LowMidHigh

the toslink jitter had me thinking for a better signal. I considered getting a IFI SPDIF to help with jitter. 

@TomWoB

as far as the inputs not matching. I was meaning a direct connection. The LS50w doesn’t have a digital coaxial input, only toslink. I figured a $20-30 converter would work. Just wasn’t sure about the converter killing audio quality. I’m not  familiar with BNC connection. I guessing it would be BNC to RCA ? 

Thanks for repsonding guys. 

Bro, I tried to scrub TOSLINK jitter through a cascade of 3 x Mutec-MC3 tethered to a REF10. An $8,000 setup. Still sounded like crap!!!

[ AERIS G2 ] => [ MC3+USB x 3 <- -REF10 ] => [ Genelec 8341 x 2 + 7360 x 2 ]

[ Switchable to  [ Genelec 8331 x 2 + 7350 ]

hey, 

I’m second guessing ordering a Allo Usbridge . Reason is , how much  will it increase my audio quality via AirPlay . That’s all

I plan to use it for. Wish someone compared it to an airport express toslink audio quality. AirPlay is limited to 16bit/44.  I guess worst case I’ll be out shipping back to Canada. 

Anyone does know a ms-windows based software for conversion DSD -> PCM/FLAC pls?

I am aware of this TASCAM https://www.tascam.eu/de/downloads/current/Hi-Res%2BEditor but it takes ages for just one file and it works only file by file and I need to convert a few albums. 

Done. I found plug-in for foobar at https://sourceforge.net/projects/sacddecoder/

Hi,

Could someone please tell me if I can safely use this LPSU with my DigiOne Player?

spacer.png

I was using it before with a Beresford Caiman MKII DAC with great results. 

Thanks,

Hi, my allo digione player comes with volumio...

This software can't provide me equalizer features... a shame.

Room compensation is a necessary feature for serious audiophile player.

Parametric equalizer exist with moodeaudio, but not for volumio.

Someone can help me for install moodeaudio on my player and replace Volumio. 

Thanks

On 5/16/2019 at 11:52 AM, TiTix said:

Hi, my allo digione player comes with volumio...

This software can't provide me equalizer features... a shame.

Room compensation is a necessary feature for serious audiophile player.

Parametric equalizer exist with moodeaudio, but not for volumio.

Someone can help me for install moodeaudio on my player and replace Volumio. 

Thanks

Volumio has an EQ parametric just look under plugins!