Hi,

while I am in the trial period of Tidal (excellent for UI and SQ but without a remote (as Spotify) I don't like it too much, and I don't know if I will accept to use workarounds), I wonder if its direct competitor, Qobuz, will have a remote from iPhone or iPad to control the Windows 10's app.

I mean a remote from Qobuz itself not workarounds or stuff like Roon.

Thanks

TV: Philips 55PUS7502-12 / Hi-Fi: Roksan K3 - miniDSP DDRC-24 - Elac Debut Reference DBR62 - Moon Audio Silver Dragon USB - AudioQuest Sydney RCA - Ricable Ultimate Speaker - Dirac Live 3 / Headphones: Chord Mojo - Dan Clark Audio AEON Flow Open / Source: Raspberry 4 Pi - Roon - RoPieeeXL / Gaming: Xbox One X / Tablet: iPad Pro 10.5

With this workaround I will lose some features (ie the mqa for tidal)?

TV: Philips 55PUS7502-12 / Hi-Fi: Roksan K3 - miniDSP DDRC-24 - Elac Debut Reference DBR62 - Moon Audio Silver Dragon USB - AudioQuest Sydney RCA - Ricable Ultimate Speaker - Dirac Live 3 / Headphones: Chord Mojo - Dan Clark Audio AEON Flow Open / Source: Raspberry 4 Pi - Roon - RoPieeeXL / Gaming: Xbox One X / Tablet: iPad Pro 10.5

ROON should support MQA even without the tidal app installed?

if so, roon is the ONLY one method (alternative to the Tidal native app)?

Here we are speaking that I will surely have to spend 500 dollars only to remote it with full features...

9 hours ago, RiseFall123 said:

Hi,

while I am in the trial period of Tidal (excellent for UI and SQ but without a remote (as Spotify) I don't like it too much, and I don't know if I will accept to use workarounds), I wonder if its direct competitor, Qobuz, will have a remote from iPhone or iPad to control the Windows 10's app.

I mean a remote from Qobuz itself not workarounds or stuff like Roon.

Thanks

The OpenHome Player, as mentioned in your similar TIDAL thread for exactly the same reasons!

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

8 hours ago, Marcin_gps said:

I think Roon can only detect MQA files, but not decode them. 

If i have a “not mqa” dac, Roon will at least play mqa in higher 24 bit and hz as the native Tidal app does?

2 hours ago, Marcin_gps said:

Yes, but then you will get lossy 24bit without any benefit of MQA. And that will definitely sound worse than 16/44 lossless...

This you mean, using a not MQA DAC or using Roon instead of Tidal app in a not MQA DAC?

In other words, not having a MQA DAC, but listening to a Tidal MQA, using Tidal app or using everything else (upnp+foobar, etc. at 16/44), it will be the same quality? Or it always better using the Tidal app, speaking about quality?

53 minutes ago, Marcin_gps said:

Without MQA DAC, if you're using Windows machine, you can get some benefit only with official Tidal client app which has the MQA software decoder. 

In my opinion, there is no benefit at all... 

SInce i wont use the tidal app at all (lack of remote, no volume control), the quality that i can obtain subscribe to Roon or just use a solution like bubble+upnp foobar, it will be the same or i could have some benefit from Roon?

1 hour ago, Marcin_gps said:

In my opinion software, even bit-perfect, can sound different, so best to check and choose what sounds best in your system. I'd recommend you to check JPLAYStreamer (my own product), but Tidal & Qobuz work only via BubbleDS app on Android at the moment...  

I'm into iOS mobile devices only for now.

Since I will avoid totally the Tidal native app, for the reasons I explained above and that cannot be issued, I will need to understand what solution is better sound between Roon and the uPNP stuff.