IGNORED

i7-6700 temps in fanless case?

Hi gang...just completed my new fanless HQP/Roon server build.  I went from an old i7-3700s CPU to an i7-6700 because I was getting some stuttering when converting DSD or high res flac to DSD512.  I am curious what temps people are seeing at idle?  So far I am at 44-46° C which from my internet searching appears to be on the high side of normal for systems with fans so I am trying to see what others with fanless cases are seeing.

Thank you.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

2 hours ago, mansr said:

Where is that temperature measured? Is it the CPU itself or the air inside the case?

My mobo has 6 temp sensors and the CPU is separate.  It's being reported in BIOS.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

12 minutes ago, mansr said:

So where are these sensors that are reporting around 45°C? What is the CPU temperature?

This is the CPU temp.

Here is a pic of the mobo with the sensor locations.

mb_smart-fan_1920.jpg

Other components:

1 minute ago, mansr said:

What does the CPU on-chip temp sensor report?

Whats the best way to get this info?

Other components:

Ok so HWMonitor from CPUID I am seeing all the readings from the temp sensors on the mobo and the CPU itself.  It looks like the CPU is reading about 30C at idle which I think is pretty good for a fanless case.  I am not sure what the mobo sensor is reading but its showing 44C while all other sensors in the low 30s.

Other components:

14 hours ago, mansr said:

That all looks normal. What do you get under load? If the CPU die temperature stays below 80°C and the others don't exceed 55°C, you have nothing to worry about.

Under load using non -2s filters and convolution converting to DSD512 in HQP I get cpu utilization of 62%.  Max temps is 75-70C.

Other components: