IGNORED

Tom Petty (October 20, 1950 - October 2, 2017)

jvlata

“Music, as far as I have seen in the world so far, is the only real magic that I know," . "There is something really honest and clean and pure and it touches you in your heart." Tom Petty.

Just for music:Mac Mini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 60GB SSD, 16GB RAM (Mid 2011) OS X El Capitan 10.11.3 > WD NAS 6TB > Audirvana+>Roon Server > HQPlayer >iPad for Roon Remote> Teac UD-503 DAC > Audio Quest Cinnamon USB cable > Cambridge Audio Azur 840C > Cambridge Audio Azur 840A > Polk LSi 15 > DIY Speaker Cables.

I was lucky enough to see him perform in the early 1980's at the Academy of Music in NYC. Even then, they were the quintessential rock band. It was an unforgettable show, and I've been a big fan ever since. Petty and Campbell really knew how to get the best sound out of each unique guitar and amplifier that they used. I will miss him. RIP.

Seen petty on 5 occasions. Last time was 7 years ago in Detroit. He'll be missed. One of my all time favorite collaborations is The Travelling Willburys. I've seen so many greats try to come together and be more than the sum of their parts only not to pull it off. But this is one of those times all these artists truly kicked it up a notch. 

He'll be missed.