IGNORED

JCAT Net Card Femto

DavidZ

I intend to purchase JCAT Femto USB and NET cards. Both cards are to be connected to an external 5V linear power supply. Therefore, I do not want to connect the cards to LP4 connector on computer PSU. Is that recommended?

• 5 months later...
18 minutes ago, mourip said:

I am still enjoying this card but feel that my server OS is holding things back.

I do not think it's the OS. What bothers you? 

I got very good experience configuring the network card following this guide: Computer Audio Best Practices Guide: https://pdf.highend-audiopc.com/computer_audio_best_practices_guide.pdf

You should also change some settings in the network adapter. For example, disable Interrupt Moderation and Green Ethernet (reduces latency).

Did you load the latest drivers?

There is a lot to consider and it would be nice to get a compendium of the recommended settings from JCAT. 

• 1 month later...

The instructions from Marcin are great. Unfortunately a bit dated. I did'nt found all described settings. Of course I use the latest Intel drivers. But everything runs optimally with the guide.

I had experimented a lot with the settings before. Also with the tool SG TCP Optimizer. That was'nt succesfull. 

I'm convinced that lowest latencies are the key factor in streaming. I therefore test each setting with the tool LatencyMon.

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Marcin,

are there any considerations to offer an optical fiber connection at some point (e.g. Asus XG-C100F 10G network card SFP Plus Port)?

I'm asking because my switch SOtM sNH-10G has two SFP ports.

Regards Gabriel

• 3 months later...

I also use a Keces P8 to power the JCAT NET Femto Card. These are 5V/1A maximum. And it works very well. But I only use one port. I also disabled everything unnecessary in the network adapter according to the JCAT manual.