IGNORED

JCAT Net Card Femto

DavidZ

There's recently an opportunity to install both JCAT Femto Net card and Femto USB card on a single PC, replacing mobo NIC, USB Ethernet adapter and PPA v4 USB card.  The JCAT duo have been here and in action for less than a week, but I feel they  outperform my dual PC setup.  It's both satisfying sonically and educational to be able to afford them that justifies the admission cost.  In such an excellent team of PPA fanless server, JPLAY and AO software, ifi audio iUSB and iGalvanic, adding the JCAT duo cards makes me doubt the necessity of dual PCs.  Having played less than 10 hours in a JPLAY/AO optimized Windows 2016 Core server, the JCAT cards really spoiled me (no, make it two of us, wifey and I) badly with their natural yet highly detailed SQ, captivating musicality.

Happy New Year, Happy listening!

WS2019 Core Datacenter, dualPC, JPLAY Femto, AO3, Fidelizer Pro 8.8, MC2XY, IOS app.

On 12/19/2017 at 7:06 AM, Marcin_gps said:

Actually, the NET Card will improve SQ also on a single PC even with the local library and USB Audio output if playback is controlled remotely (over network). It shows how sensitive this area is. 

It's so true.  I've been switching back and forth between PPA v4 USB card and JCAT Femto USB, JCAT Femto net card staying the same.  With the net card intact, even the PPA v4 sounds much better.  Later on the Femto USB card will go in for comparison.  Having them both is almost like having two different DACs.

WS2019 Core Datacenter, dualPC, JPLAY Femto, AO3, Fidelizer Pro 8.8, MC2XY, IOS app.

• 1 year later...

Once installed and restarted, the card will be recognized by the OS.  However, in order to get the max performance you’ll want to download and install the latest Win 10 driver from Elan120’s link.  Adjust the settings according to the included guidelines.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...