IGNORED

JCAT Net Card Femto

DavidZ

I have been using my Net Card for 2 days now in my Zuma server, and I am impressed big time -- enough to motivate me to post, which is rare for me. The noise floor dropped, the musical line became more fluid and full, the soundstage enlarged. I followed Marcin's setup guide, and all those qualities were enhanced even more. I play files locally from the Zuma through the LAN to my Bricasti M12 DAC --- it has a network card, so there is no USB conversion anywhere the playback. 

I highly recommend this product for anyone with a network based playback configuration. 

As a side note, see the card in the Streacom low-rise chassis. The server is a much modded evolution of the first Zuma posted by Chris a few years ago

IMG_20170929_183826132-min-min.jpg

59 minutes ago, Elberoth said:

What is the power requirement of the card's external power input ? 5V/1A ? Does it use a standard 5.5mm/2.1mm DC barrel sicket ?

Elberoth -- I'll let Marcin correct me if I'm wrong, but the card requires 5v , 2A. Power can be tapped from PCIE power lane, a 4 pin Molex connector on the card, or the external barrel connection you described. Earlier today I moved from the PCIE power lane to the Molex, and even that was a step up in SQ, presumably because the power wasn't first run thru the noisy motherboard to the PCIE slot. 

My current plans are to retrofit my Mojo PSU. It has 2 outlets -- 12v, which is running the mobo, and an unused 7v outlet. I'm going to have the latter fixed to 5v so I can use the barrel external connector. As a sidenote, the 3 SSDs that store my library and OS are separately powered by a Vinnie Rossi Mini -- an ultracapacitor based PSU. Another worthwhile upgrade.