IGNORED

Help a newbie with a sound card question!

I am going to purchase a new PC laptop which I will use to download 96KHz and 192KHz music files. I will output through USB to a PS Audio PerfectWave DAC. I will also be using dbPoweramp to rip CD's, also for output through USB to the DAC. Does a sound card come into play for these applications, and if it does do they all support 96KHz/192KHz files. Thanks in advance.

When you connect via USB, the soundcard in your computer is irrelevant as the USB interface basically becomes the soundcard.

Most USB interfaces are limited to 16/44.1 and 16/48 with some able to support 24/88.2 and 24/96. Only a very few support 24/192.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Yes, with the M2Tech HiFace, all rates up to 24/192 will be available.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.