IGNORED

Denafrips R2R DAC (plays 512 DSD) reviewed as giant killer

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, Ben-M said:

@alvin1118

Any updates as per the last time I asked, nearly 2 months ago?

Any DAC with an xmos xu 208 USB interface, such as that used by the singxer su-1 and topping d50, will support native dsd512 over USB. FYI, the matrix x-sabre pro supports native dsd1024 over USB. But these are all delta sigma and not really in the same league as the denafrips.

You might also be interested in the holo audio spring DAC also mentioned in this forum and capable of dsd512.

• 7 months later...
3 minutes ago, One and a half said:

Like most plastic coated portable drives, their use for 24/7 application is highly doubtful. Whether WD, Seagate or metal clad cases, doesn't matter, they heat up and cause the drives or their controllers to fail in only a few months. What works for me (so far) to backup the internal Server drive's Music folder, the Seagate 8TB drive is powered up remotely (Kasa smart switch) when needed, connected directly to the server via USB 3. Once the backup is finished, the disk is ejected and powered off. The drive would only be on for 10 minutes at the most. Backup software is Beyond Compare.

Rubbish. I have several of them I my server and they rarely exceed 30c. Like I said these are wd red helium drives designed for 24/7 server operation!