IGNORED

Denafrips R2R DAC (plays 512 DSD) reviewed as giant killer

@mikicasellas  Here is a comparison of USB cables I did late last year. Perhaps it will be helpful. PLEASE NOTE: I strongly advise trying the cable(s) out for yourself and in your system. I will not make any recommendations since it really comes down to your preferences and what you are looking to achieve within the confines of your system. The impressions and findings are subjective and the later phases were with the Terminator in system as well.

https://usbcablecomparison.blogspot.com/

If you click on my name in the 'About Me' section (in the upper right corner) it will pull up another 'review' which is an evaluation of the Terminator and Yggdrasil DACs. Most of you may have seen this link in the 'other' Denafrips thread here at CA. I also posted the same in the Audiostream DAC Out response section. Mentioning it for those that may not have read it, since it is also relevant to the post discussions above.

Congratulations on your DENAFRIPS Terminator DAC purchase!!! 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been testing the new firmware for a number of weeks.

I've experienced distortion / noise issues with native PCM playback. I do not utilize DSD or upsampling. This goes away after changing the track.

Alvin has been looking into it and has been super supportive. I reached out to Sonore a number of weeks ago to connect them with Denafrips and Sonore has sent Alvin a unit for testing. My issues may be Sonore - Denafrips related. 

I need to reflash the firmware and adjust MQA settings per Alvin's direction. I'll report back based on what I experience.

• 2 months later...

I'm trialling a new power cord to the Terminator. I currently use Triode Wire Labs' Obsession pc. 

The results are surprisingly positive and beneficial. I'll post a short write-up once I'm done with the evaluation.

Sharing to let Terminator owners know that power cable swaps might be well worth looking into.

• 3 weeks later...

@Ivanaudio  Congratulations on your Terminator.

2 hours ago, Ivanaudio said:

does that mean Duel AES/EBU is also limited to 192 sample rate?  If so, why is Dual AES/EBU offered as single AES/EBU supports the same, 192 sample rate?

192 kHz is the max for all inputs (PCM).

Dual AES/EBU is so that you can have separate Right/Left Channel Inputs, however each is also capped at 192 kHz.