IGNORED

Denafrips R2R DAC (plays 512 DSD) reviewed as giant killer

I just started using DSD256 upsampling via HQPlayer/Roon on the Terminator and it's fantastic. I was using PCM with Audirvana before but HQPlayer going to DSD256 is definitely a step up. Still early days since I just got the Terminator a couple weeks ago but very happy so far. Running this through an Ultrarendu and Singxer SU-1 via I2S.

3 hours ago, tboooe said:

Can you please verify the Terminator i2S settings to communicate with the Singxer?

All  of the settings worked but a few didn't sound as good as the setting I used: 1X On, 2X Off, 4X Off

You just press the Mode button to cycle through the settings. You may find a different combination sounds better in your system.

• 1 year later...

Hi All - got the DSP upgrade installed and it sounds wonderful! I had been using i2s with a Singxer SU-1 and I just tried the USB, which does sound better with PCM content on the new board. I'm running HQPlayer 4.1.0.1 and even though I have the Default Output Mode set to [source] it converts DSD to PCM. I assume the USB should support DSD so does anyone know what settings I should use? I tried turning on DirectSDM in settings and it didn't make a difference. @Miska