IGNORED

Denafrips R2R DAC (plays 512 DSD) reviewed as giant killer

17 minutes ago, tedevang said:

Hi All - got the DSP upgrade installed and it sounds wonderful! I had been using i2s with a Singxer SU-1 and I just tried the USB, which does sound better with PCM content on the new board. I'm running HQPlayer 4.1.0.1 and even though I have the Default Output Mode set to [source] it converts DSD to PCM. I assume the USB should support DSD so does anyone know what settings I should use? I tried turning on DirectSDM in settings and it didn't make a difference. @Miska

there are multiple hqplayer threads in the software section -- you really should post this question in one of those threads.  have you searched them for a solution?

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, jcolon said:

Hi guys,

Maybe a silly question but I am seeking advice before purchasing  an Denafrips Ares 2! Would appreciate your response especially from Alvin. I mainly listen to FLAC files and streaming of Hi Rez radio (radioswissjazz.com) thru a Bluesound 2.

Q1. Do I have to convert my FLAC library to DSD in order for the Ares 2 to play them?

Q2. Will the Ares 2 play the streaming radio signal from radioswissjazz?

Any comment / clarification from any board member will be appreciated .

Q1 -- definitely not -- take a a look at the specs on their website.

Q2 -- definitely will.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100