IGNORED

Best DSD DAC kits

There's already a thread here asking recommendations for DACs that accept DSD.

But I'm looking for boards that anyone can buy and assemble its own DAC that will take any sources.

Some you can get on eBay, others directly from vendors, like DIYHINK.

By assembling things this way you can pick better power supplies, better connectors and sometimes upgrade the output. And you will probably end up paying a lot less than if you bought a commercial unit.

Sometimes you may need some soldering, but probably not for parts. Just connectors or wires,

If anyone has already done that, do tell us what you choose, why and if you are satisfied.

Upgrading through this path is usually much less expensive than the usual shopping around.

hi

i'm happy with this kit!

http://jlsounds.com/combos.html

very good Support!

shpongle

Gigabyte-GA-Z97 Sniper with separate usb-dac out,5v usb-power disabeld in Bios. i3 4130T(35 W)@800mhz,16gb ram@800mhz @1.25v. Cpu+Ram powered by Pico-160w+Voltcraft Lab.PSU.

Cpu-Fan+Music Hdd with 2 separate  LPsu. JLsounds Dac-Kit: USB-I2S XMOS-board+ AK4490 DAC+DVR603 FB+2 JLS LPSU. Player: wtfplay and Daphile

Tubeamp: Lua 4040 C . LS: Chario Academy II. Conections/Filters: Reson DNM / Fisch Audio.

yes and 2 JLSounds Power supply boards too!

Gigabyte-GA-Z97 Sniper with separate usb-dac out,5v usb-power disabeld in Bios. i3 4130T(35 W)@800mhz,16gb ram@800mhz @1.25v. Cpu+Ram powered by Pico-160w+Voltcraft Lab.PSU.

Cpu-Fan+Music Hdd with 2 separate  LPsu. JLsounds Dac-Kit: USB-I2S XMOS-board+ AK4490 DAC+DVR603 FB+2 JLS LPSU. Player: wtfplay and Daphile

Tubeamp: Lua 4040 C . LS: Chario Academy II. Conections/Filters: Reson DNM / Fisch Audio.