IGNORED

Please HELP ME make BEER's TOP 100 song list

Out of my 512GB music library, I think i have only about 20 songs that are "worthy" of BEER's TOP 100

I will add some a little at a time, but I need help finding TRULY amazing recordings.

To qualify for the list, you must state actual recording, not just a song title....example 2012 remaster album x song y

My criteria is as follows.

A) #1 Priority goes to quality of recording  (well mic'd and well recognized as "superb" recording)

B) Should have lots of dynamics (highs and lows) with lots of detail, e.g. very musical

C) I will entertain no more than a dozen each of rock and pop, and if only truly superb, and should not be left off anyone's list, wanting to focus mostly on jazz.

D) I also want a good share of classical, something i haven't previously gotten into, but wish to expand to, and I want the "must haves"

E) Will also consider a few unique in their own way recordings

F) Remember #1 Priority

I will start the list with just 3 of my favorites, and will add up to 20-30 myself and hope the other 70 will eventually come from the userbase.

BEER's TOP 100 (in no particular order)

ARTIST                               ALBUM                               SONG                                        Recording

1. Chet Baker                           Chet                                    Alone Together                        2002 SACD Remaster

2. JAPRS                                   UNK                                    Orfeu Negro                             UNK DSD

3. Eva Cassidy                          The Best of                       Autumn Leaves                      Although not a superb recording, no list would be complete w/o homage to Eva.

4. Eagles                                    Hell Freezes over             Hotel California                     24 bit K2 HD Master

Please share one, if you can provide all 4 fields.

Also, adding more criteria:

No Rap, Heavy Metal, hard rock (pink floyd, doors, many are cool, just no head-banger), disco, soul.  I generally prefer female voices, but some male voices I enjoy.... a good Muddy Waters and Hendrix recording suggestion would be appreciated.

Adding             

Artist                     Song                                      Album                       Recording

Bliss                       Wish you were here            Quiet Letters            Original

1 hour ago, Charente said:

I believe, since you focus on jazz, Chick Corea should be included, so, a difficult choice ... but for a live, eclectic performance, well recorded IMO, this goes a long way...

Artist: Chick Corea Trio

Track: Spain

Album: Trilogy

Recording: Live

Year: 2013

EDIT: You could choose other tracks on this album, e.g. Blue Monk is also good.

Not a big fan of Chick....great ability, but most of his stuff is progressive which i don't tend to care for....keep trying though.