IGNORED

Is your DREAM DAC on the horizon...SD CARD DACS

USB NOISE, DLNA, S/PDIF TIMING and Jitter Issues...could these be a thing of the past?

1TB sd cards are now available. 

How about a DAC with a SD Card source embedded?

Who will be first one to market with a quality DAC with SD card for under $1K?

Whoever makes it, please include an Ethernet port for control and a web browser interface!  Or if you refuse to make a basic web player, at least make it play-fi enabled so we can control song selection with alexa, or play songs from windows pc....my eyes are too old to mess with the smartphones.

'Quality' AND 'under $1k' ... might be tricky :/

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

40 minutes ago, hdo said:

Do you mean media player or DAC? You need interface to navigate directories and select files. Which means you need computing devices and USB or like interface.

I mean whatever you want to call it....media player with embedded dac or dac with sd reader...i personally want it to have an enet and have web browser player like byrstons "manic moose".

On 19/09/2017 at 10:29 AM, beerandmusic said:

USB NOISE, DLNA, S/PDIF TIMING and Jitter Issues...could these be a thing of the past?

1TB sd cards are now available. 

How about a DAC with a SD Card source embedded?

Who will be first one to market with a quality DAC with SD card for under $1K?

Whoever makes it, please include an Ethernet port for control and a web browser interface!  Or if you refuse to make a basic web player, at least make it play-fi enabled so we can control song selection with alexa, or play songs from windows pc....my eyes are too old to mess with the smartphones.

Data still has to be transported from the SD card to the DAC

^^^^ I decided to just get a ud7007 though...found a used one for $500....i will just use it with jriver ...supports gapless and dsd...it will get me by until the engineer figure out which direction they are going...i think i should be happy...if i can't hear much difference between the embedded dac and the wyred4sound dac, i will likely sell the w4s.

Also decided i should upgrade my spinner since i just bought 1500 cd's...ack!

• 1 year later...