IGNORED

Mytek Brooklyn comments?

On 9/16/2017 at 11:16 PM, Mike Pinkerton said:

Read through all 101 pages (well, skipped the first 15 since they were from before the device was shipping). Whew!

I’m disappointed at the number of firmware issues and the lack of discrete IR codes for power and input selection. But overall it seems people are mostly happy. I’m still bothered by the Stereophile review, I’m not sure why there was so little chatter about it. Maybe it’s bcause JA’s measurement were so good. 

Hi Mike - I understand your hesitation, but I was in the exact same boat as you earlier this year.  I bought the Brooklyn and have not looked back.  I, too, did not need a phono stage or headphone amp, but I still think for $2K, you will not find a better-sounding DAC.  Probably not at $4K, either.  It is that good.  Yes, there have been some firmware issues, but that seems to be in the past now.  It is detailed and smooth at the same time.  You truly feel like you are listening to pure sound.  I marvel at detail that I missed in my CDs before and I also have been discovering material on DSD and MQA.  I also listen to Tidal Hi-Fi a lot these days, and it is great through the Brooklyn.  No matter what you are into, the Brooklyn can handle it.  I highly recommend this unit - I am extremely pleased with it.