IGNORED

Mola Mola Pre/dac review compared to DAVE dac

Bruno has said that the Kiis use similar concepts/technology to the Mola Mola; the DACs themselves are unique to the Kiis; apparently the ASRC is pretty much the same.

I'd guess the electronics on the Mola Mola are better; maybe the software on them is more sophisticated.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

• 1 year later...
45 minutes ago, rickca said:

Hmm, that makes me hesitant to consider getting a Tambaqui.

You might want to verify that before drawing conclusions. Why not write the company and ask. 

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

16 hours ago, PYP said:

Personally, I think that the whole systems in a speaker - like the Kii - is the future; however, I have not heard them (no US distributor I believe) or any such system, so it is just theorizing on my part.  The Kii seems to have added a woofer module that the bookshelf speaker sits on, which seems like a very good trend.  Hope your search goes well.  

Of course there is are US distributors/dealers:

https://kiiaudio.com/dealers.php

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Music Enthusiast said:

I know of a dealer who was cut off by Kii for publicly saying he preferred the Dutch and Dutch 8C. 

I understood from him that the issue was that he published direct comparisons, side by side (it's also possible I misunderstood). If the same data had not been published together on the same page, he might have been okay.

But since the new distributor came into the picture, he selling both Kii and D&D. Apparently Kii parent company has no issue with him, and it was more the distributor.  He just got a pair of demo KiiBXT.