IGNORED

Hookup Options for iDecco and KRK Speakers

Greg T

Hi Chris,

You have done a splendid job setting up this site and the info I have gotten here has been very helpful to say the least. Thanks for your efforts.

A friend has just purchased a new 21" iMac and is awaiting the arrival of Peachtree Audio's iDecco. She will be using a set of KRK Rokit 8's for speakers and as I have volunteered to hook it up for her I am in need of some technical guidance. The iDecco has several options for hooking up speakers so I need to figure out which option would be the best. The KRK's have a 1/4" balanced TRS input, and a balanced XLR input but I'm assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that the balanced inputs on the KRK's are not an option so how would I go about hooking up the KRK's using the unbalanced RCA input? I've included a JPG attachment of the iDecco's rear panel.

Any guidance from you or other members would be greatly appreciated so thanks for your help in advance.

GT[br]27\" iMac....Apogee Duet F/W....KRK Rokit 6 Monitors

From your description, I assume the KRKs are powered speakers (with inbuilt amplifiers). In this case you would use the Pre-Out connections on the back of the iDecco.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

The iDecco unit in question hasn't arrived yet but I hooked up one of the KRK's to my Rega system as a test. The Rega amp has bound speaker posts that will accept banana clips as will the iDecco. The cable I used was dual banana terminating with 1/4 " jack, and I used a 1/4" to RCA converter that went into the unbalanced RCA on the KRK. It worked as planned and sounded great but I'm wondering if one of the other methods would produce a better sound, or if the way I described could in any way harm either the iDecco or the KRK powered speakers.

GT[br]27\" iMac....Apogee Duet F/W....KRK Rokit 6 Monitors