IGNORED

Is it that important?

Al

Sorry folks, i'm up to my third thread in a fairly short time now, and rthis subject has been done to death, just not in such a way as to answer my question.

Whether i get a mac or not (or get something like the Juli@ in a PC) pretty much comes down to the whole bit perfect thing. Am i really going to hear that much difference? Or is it one of those things that one might just hear in the right circumstances?

And this stuff about using your amps volume control. Much of the time im right at the pc, so would use the WMP control. Would i really be decreasing the sound quality that much? If i get the Juli@ in a PC, should i still be need, ideally, to keep th evolume at 1oo% in wmp or itunes or whatever?

Panasonic PXP 42 V20; Panasonic DMP BD35; Sky+ HD Box. [br]Optical out from Asus P7H55-M into AVI ADM 9.1 speakers. [br]\"Music will provide the light you cannot resist\"[br]

For me it's if you don't know you are missing something then all is well; but if you find out by listening what you are missing, all goes to hell. Ideally, for the sake of resolution you would want to keep the volume @ 100% and use a pre-amp or volume control, but who's to say it matters if it works and you are happy with your sound?

david is hear[br]http://www.tuniverse.tv

I'm happy enough but theres that nagging doubt that if it can be as big an improvement as, say, when i added a dac to my old system, or a better sounding media player (if you believe, i do, so far).

Panasonic PXP 42 V20; Panasonic DMP BD35; Sky+ HD Box. [br]Optical out from Asus P7H55-M into AVI ADM 9.1 speakers. [br]\"Music will provide the light you cannot resist\"[br]

thanks for that!

ive tried winamp and itunes, i currently use wmp. i very briefly tried foobar but have forgoten it really.

i prefered winamp, and definitely itunes. i just prefer the usability of wmp.

i saw something about the squeezebox beiong bit perfect, even with the digital volume control, to a certain volume point; 30 decibels i think. i dont really know how loud that is.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=30916