IGNORED

HD Tracks - not HD?

I recently downloaded 2 albums (Robert Plant/Buddy Guy) from HD Tracks that were in the Hi-Res store section of the site. These were badged as 24/96 quality but I see from my Berkeley Alpha DAC that they are in fact just standard 16/44 i.e. CD quality.

As I already have both albums on CD I am somewhat disappointed. Has anyone else had similar problems?

Hi Chris,

I am using Windows XP. I have been downloading Hi-Res files from other sites and I think these are all working fine - I can see the blue HDCD light and also if I check the dispaly it shows 96 or higher etc. I also noticed that the files I downloaded were the same size as the CD's - I expected them to be larger.

I am new to Computer audio so you may well be right that this is pilot error. The other Hi-Res files I have downloaded are really good - for instance the sample files that came from Ref recordings.

Guest WATERLOGIC

Hi !

I was just checking for new titles on HDtracks and also checked for your mentioned albums.

Buddy Guy - I could find only three albums - NONE is Hi-Res just red-book.

Robert Plant - only one title: Rising Sand in both 24/96 (hi-res) and red-book.

It looks you just overlooked and bought the red-book ?

Regards

WL

I agree 100% with WATERLOGIC.

Since I’m a fan of Buddy Guy, I just downloaded two albums from the Hi-Res Store at HDtracks. Both albums, “Alone And Acoustic” and “Stone Crazy!” by Buddy Guy downloaded in the Redbook standard.

Even though the non-96/24 albums by Buddy Guy were displayed in the Hi-Res Store, they did not have the “Audiophile 96/24 FLAC” recording badge in red letters above the album title. Raising Sand by Robert Plant does have the “Audiophile 96/24 FLAC” badge.

Regardless of the format, there are some very cool tunes on the Buddy Guy albums...

Best regards,

Chris

Amarra 3.0.3/iTunes-->AQVOX USB PS-->Acromag USB Isolator-->Ayre QB-9-->Ayre K-5xeMP-->W4S SX-500-->Tyler Acoustics Linbrook Super Towers-->SVS SB12-Plus (L&R). Cables: Nordost, Transparent, LessLoss, Analysis Plus & Pangea. Dedicated line with isolated power conditioning per component: PS Audio & Furman. Late 2012 Mac Mini 2.6GHz Quad-Core i7 (16 GB, 1TB Fusion, 6TB ext via Tbolt). External drives enclosure http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f7-disk-storage-music-library-storage/silent-enclosure-external-hard-drives-7178/

confirm that "Raising Sand" is indeed 24/96. I downloaded it and converted to aiff using MAX.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio