IGNORED

Mobile Vortexbox Player (MVP)

vortecjr

Chris, thanks for letting post this project!

Mobile Vortexbox Player (MVP) is a custom version of Vortexbox designed around a 12V DC Intel Atom mother board, 2GB of RAM, 500GB HDD (with my Rock CD collection), Lynx L22 Audio card, Cardas analog breakout cable to AUX input of Sony tunner and a usb wireless transmitter to allow control via my iTouch MPD app. The case is a M350 (no cd) and has a handy hide away cover for the usb wireless transmitter.

The car audio system is based on two front tweeters off the headunit, four 6-1/2" coax door speakers in each corner and 8" JL Audio Sub in a stealth box. The door speakers and sub run off a 5 channel Fasgate amp. The amp is under one car seat and the MVP unit is under the other.

The car is a 1934/1935 Ford Victoria Replica with computer controlled V8 Chevy Vortec fuel injected engine, computer controlled tranny, mustang GT rear and power everything:)

Below are some pics so you can share in my project and make comments!

Jesus R

www.sonore.us

it's fun to share....

Some updates: I pulled the Lynx L22 out and ran the unit with the on board dac. I used a simple sterio 1/8" mini plug to sterio 1/8" mini plug interconnect. I think this will be the final configuration for the install. The original idea was to hook up directly into the amp and use digital volume control. That would be ok if I did not already have a head unit. However, the front input of the head unit is better for integration as the head unit works it's magic into the 5 channel output. The only issue aside from DSP is the db out on the board is a bit lower than the card, but the head unit can compensate for that with a db gain setting.

Jesus R

www.sonore.us

• 3 months later...

As I thought of this in relation to another thread I thought would come and take another look - still quite impressive Jesus. Just wondered, did you ever think of coming up with a 7-8" touchscreen interface for your Vortexbox?

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

thanks for the comment! If you hook up a monitor all you will see is a command prompt:) It has no gui except via some kind of web browser on the network. In this configuration (a car) I use the wifi dongle to transmit to my iTouch to control music playback via an app and it will not enable the browser in this configuration. You can connect a small wifi router that is 12 volts and in that way use an iPad's browser to connect to the web gui.

I guess you can even take it a step further and use an iPad with internet plan that would then give you internet radio via the web gui as well as access to the stored content. The internet radio portion needs to be tested though to be sure!

Jesus R

www.sonore.us

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Website Design Canada Agua E solution is Custom website designing company based in Calgary Canada specializing in custom website designing for companies that are looking for professional custom designed websites for an affordable price. Web design Calgary is an affordable web designing company based at Calgary. We offer custom web design Calgary, website design Calgary, web design Canada, website design Canada.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...