IGNORED

iTunes and Apple Remote

mindnoise

Hi All,

Quick question. I have a funny situation that I can't figure out. I imported The Beatles mono set into iTunes. For some reason when I use the Remote App and look under artists, "The Beatles" shows up twice. When I select either Beatles listed the exact list of CDs show up. But when I try to sort out this in iTunes I can't find anything that would make this artist be listed twice in Remote. And I double checked that it is only listed once in iTunes library.

Anyone run across this with their library? My only alternative is to remove it and try again maybe it was a setting I messed up.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jay

Jay

Raised on TV.

Have you checked the artist and album artist sort fields.

Try highlighting all of "The Beatles" tracks and then goto sort fields and delete the contents - iTunes will reset it back to Beatles, The.

Also check that there is no additional space before or after the name The Beatles.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Thanks ELF.

I tried it last night and it seemed to have worked! All the album sort fields were empty when I selected the entire Beatles catalog but I simply checked them and left all the fields empty, iTunes spent some time sorting it. When I turned on the Remote only one "The Beatles" was listed.

Cheers,

Jay

Jay

Raised on TV.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all-

Just hooked up may Apple laptop to my DAC, via USB, and tried using the iTunes remote app on my phone to select music. I'm able to make this all work using my Airport express connection via WiFi....does anyone know how to make the iTunes remote operate when you've interfaced your computer to a DAC via USB? Meanwhile, I've been using Apple's FrontRow and the supplied remote--very nice....

Cheers-

DH

DoubleHelix[br]Apple/Mapelknoll/Krell/Benchmark/TC Electronic Impact Twin/Jolida/Krell/Thiel

You should be able to launch remote app and on the first screen it will search for open libraries via wifi. It will give you a code. Go to itunes on your laptop and in the left panel it will show remote. Input the number your phone gave you and you should be ready to go. The usb dac shouldn't make a difference. I apologize if you've done this and are still having problems, but report back and we'll see if we can't get you sorted. I just started using the remote app with my laptop and it's really fantastic.

PS Audio Quintet > Powerbook (iphone with apple remote app) > HRT Streamer II > Kingrex Pre-amp > Kingrex QS-01 > Devore Fidelity Gibbon 7.1\'s

Thank you for your quick response. I've enabled the iTunes app with my computer and it nicely finds my music libraries, but only when I have iTunes set to send files remotely via WiFi, like to my stereo. There, Airport Express is connected to my DAC via Toslink. This really works well! I think I may need to play with iTunes settings..... ??????

Best-

DH

DoubleHelix[br]Apple/Mapelknoll/Krell/Benchmark/TC Electronic Impact Twin/Jolida/Krell/Thiel

I'll admit I'm a little befuddled as to how exactly you have things setup here, but it sounds like you might have hit it on the head at the end there. It sounds like itunes might be giving priority to streaming to your express rather than its own output. You might have to release whatever link it has to the express in order to get the usb out cooking.

PS Audio Quintet > Powerbook (iphone with apple remote app) > HRT Streamer II > Kingrex Pre-amp > Kingrex QS-01 > Devore Fidelity Gibbon 7.1\'s